shifty89

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2010
So it has come that time to rebuild the system and i really like the value of the amd systems that i can build. I was planning on using a phenom 110T 3.4Ghz hex core in a republic of gamers maxima formula 4. But with fusion so close to coming out i dont know whether to wait or not. Suggestions?

Fusion is a low and mid-range product. It's more for laptops and HTPCs. Fusion parts are already out with the quad core Llano coming this summer. What you want to wait for is Bulldozer.

Bulldozer will be out this summer along with the new AM3+ boards to support it. If you want to stick with AMD then the wait is worth it.

Other than similar GHZ numbers, and more cores for less money, the AMD cpus are pretty much slaughtered in almost all gaming benchmarks, save for those performed at the highest resolutions where the GPU then becomes the bottleneck.

As a quick reminder, for a gaming system, typically more cpu cores produce less results, as there is a small amount of OS/system overhead having more cores.

I'd be very happy and surprised if AMD's next quarters releases can match Intel's last socket 1156 generations' performance on a clock for clock basis.