No display after upgrading my processor

rockey1111

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2011
Hello,every one .....
I recently upgraded my processor. My previous processor was AMD athlon 3500+ and now i have athlon 4400+...
My current specs are>>
Brand >> HP
Model >> DX5150
Processor >> X2 4400+
GPU >> 9500GT
Power supply >> 260watts HP
Ram >> 2gb
Mobo >> MSI 09ac

SO here is the problem after upgrading my processor when i switched on my PC there was no display so i removed my GPU and then used the ON-BOARD VGA to get the display and the on-board VGA gave me the display I dont know why is there no display on my GPU i have tried every thing ( including resetting the CMOS)
I dot know what to do so is there a problem with my processor or GPU???
If both are correct then what is the problem???
Plz help

adam_x_brookes

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2009
That's strange It could be possible that static could have fried your card when you took it out of the case to install the processor. Have you got another computer that you could try the card in? Also your power supply strikes me as being very weak for that graphics card you have.

duxducis

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2007
I would say power supply as well, but its hard to say without simply testing your components.
9500GT - 50 Watt TDP
x2 4400+ -110 Watt TDP

considering that retail pc like HP would have very weak PSU the 260w rated in reality probably like 160-200w
as long as it runs what they sell they stick anything in there, (unless u replaced it already)

Actually they tend to down rate the PSU's otherwise there would be too many warranty claims.

orangegator

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2007
My guess would be that when you powered off the machine and replaced the cpu, the cmos got reset. This probably set the default display device back to the onboard video. Go into the bios and see if there is a setting to disable the onboard graphics and/ or set the first display device to pciex.

rockey1111

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2011
well!!! i tried my card on my friends PC and his PC is having same problem ( i.e no display )
so i think the main problem is with my card but ill try!!!! I also wanted to tell u that i saw a video in which a person bakes his GPU to fix it and it worked so will this work for my GPU as well!!!