Motherboard 1600 MHz vs Memory 1866 MHz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old neophte

Honorable
Mar 29, 2012
Hello,
If my ASUS motherboard will do DD3 1600 MHz without over clocking, and my Kingston memory is DD3-1866MHz, will they be compatible and what will be my result?
Thanks

Solution
The result is almost the same, u will not be able to tell in real life,

Only a bit of the difference will be in the benchmarks, but those are useless in real life.

Old neophte

Honorable
Mar 29, 2012
I since learned that the Kingston memory sticks I purchased are NOT compatible with my ASUS memory board according to the manual I received with the mother board and verbal verification with ASUS technical support. ASUS does NOT list all the compatible memory sticks on their web site for my specific motherboard NOR do they inform the vendor selling the mother board. They do not even put the customer on notice that only certain memory sticks are compatible and that you need to find out what they are. The ONLY way to determine compatibility is to either call ASUS technical help or get the manual in advance; and the only way to see all memory that IS compatible is to request a manual from ASUS because they do NOT list it on their web site! Whether they will give you one in advance, I do not know. I cannot believe that this is the way they do business! No wonder that people have compatibility problems! I am able to return the incorrect ones without a restocking charge and have ordered the correct ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.