Trying to find the right router

plainzwalker

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2005
I am trying to find a router that will replace an older WRT 100/120 (can't remember the exact model) as well as the fios router. I understand I can't completely replace the fios router but if I can find one that will meet my needs that would be great so I don't have to continue using it.

Basically I would like to be able to run both G and N networks simultaneously. The range is important since it would have to reach from the basement to the 3rd floor. Having USB ports isn't important nor is gigabit connections.

As far as budget I am willing to spend around $120 without rebates (I hate them).

Thank you

plainzwalker

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2005
Both the routers are located in the basement. As fat as
Coverage goes the food router which serves as my G router covers to the 3rd floor while the N (linksys) barely makes it to the 2nd.

plainzwalker

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2005
Yeah i actually went with a E3000. My only problem now is getting the verizon router to talk through my linksys so the STB gets connectivity. Apparently it wants to be difficult ever since the linksys is getting the ip from verizon directly instead of the actiontec getting it, nothing a little trouble shooting wont fix though.