New windows 7 install display issue

Hi,

I've just upgraded my os to 64bit home and I am having issues with my displays. I am running an nvidia 680i motherboard with 2 video cards and 3 screens. Video card 1 is an ati radeon hd 3600 series and the other an nvidia Geforce... not sure the series off hand right now but it has 1-1080p hdmi output 1-dvi and 1-rgb. The Ati card is in the primary slot and installs fine both via windows and then with the catalyst control center drivers. When I attempt to install the drivers for the 2nd card after reboot I just get black screens with just a mouse pointer. This worked fine with my 32bit setup.

I've tried updating the motherboard drivers, installing without the ati specific drivers and with them all yielding the same result. I also tried installing just the drivers through device manager for the 2nd card. Same results again. I use the ati card to run my main display and a second display and the 2nd card to run to my flat screen.

Any suggestions? Next I thought I'd try switching the cards and installing the nvidia as the primary and see what happens but past that I'm at a loss.
3 answers Last reply
More about windows install display issue
  1. Keep the AMD as the primary but install the Nvidia drivers first, then do the AMD drivers. That should do the trick...
  2. Question: What OS? If we're talking Vista/7, the OS doesn't like multiple display drivers [unlike XP, where you could have two display drivers installed at once]
  3. It's windows 7, says in the subject. I've seen where people get them both working on Windows 7 but it is tricky.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Drivers Graphics