looking for Photo DVD software recommendation...

Last response: in Digital Camera
February 18, 2005 10:59:41 PM

I am trying to find a program that will allow me to make a DVD photo
album. I have several programs that will allow you to make slideshows,
but that's not what I'm looking for. I have about 3500 pictures in 350
folders that I would like to be able to browse through manually on a
DVD player. For instance, I would like to select the directory and
then manually flip through the images myself. Any ideas? Thanks...

---
Derek Tombrello
Shelby Cycle

http://www.ShelbyCycle.com

reply-to address is invalid
Anonymous
February 18, 2005 10:59:42 PM

Take a look at Anyphoto Manager program from
http://www.any-photo-album-software.com It can help you organize,
browse and share your digital photos. And you can directly burn your
photos to discs. Just have a try.
February 20, 2005 12:32:16 AM

I don't know how much you are planning to spend, but check out ProShow
Gold from Photodex. It's $70, but is supposedly the best. I am having
issues getting the webshows to work, but the other output options
DVD,VCD,mpeg, etc are fine.
February 21, 2005 2:52:56 AM

On 19 Feb 2005 21:32:16 -0800, "Roger" <OakRogbak_erPine@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>I don't know how much you are planning to spend, but check out ProShow
>Gold from Photodex. It's $70, but is supposedly the best. I am having
>issues getting the webshows to work, but the other output options
>DVD,VCD,mpeg, etc are fine.

This seems like a great program for doing slideshows, however that is
the problem. It won't let me add directories (or submenus, I guess)
and it won't let me do manual advance. Or at least not that I could
find. If I'm wrong, please let me know. Thank you, though...

---
Derek Tombrello
Shelby Cycle

http://www.ShelbyCycle.com

reply-to address is invalid
February 21, 2005 9:49:24 AM

That's a good point, manual advance would be important, rather than
waiting for the delay between pictures that you set. I will try it
tomorrow when I get back to work where I downloaded and installed it.
did you try just hiting the space bar or an arrow key or page down or
something while it played?
I think it does do menus. It looked like DVD-type menus when I did the
web show. I think it would do the same thing for a dvd.
I was looking into a similar program from Microsoft. Called something
like Picture Story 3. It is free if they deem you have a valid OS
license, the DVD burning module is $20.
niNjaTaz wrote:
> On 19 Feb 2005 21:32:16 -0800, "Roger" <OakRogbak_erPine@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
> >I don't know how much you are planning to spend, but check out
ProShow
> >Gold from Photodex. It's $70, but is supposedly the best. I am
having
> >issues getting the webshows to work, but the other output options
> >DVD,VCD,mpeg, etc are fine.
>
> This seems like a great program for doing slideshows, however that is
> the problem. It won't let me add directories (or submenus, I guess)
> and it won't let me do manual advance. Or at least not that I could
> find. If I'm wrong, please let me know. Thank you, though...
>
> ---
> Derek Tombrello
> Shelby Cycle
>
> http://www.ShelbyCycle.com
>
> reply-to address is invalid
February 22, 2005 12:13:28 PM

I did a test today. It does do menus. There is a manual advance. This
is done by pressing the PAGE DOWN key which will immediately advance to
the next slide, despite the transition and delay you have applied.
(PAGE UP will go back). So that is good. Pressing SPACE will pause the
show, and ENTER/RETURN will change it to full screen.

!