ranger_23

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2011
Hello,
Anyone familiar with the sr5310f
regarding how many case fans you can add? Was also wondering if a fan can go somewhere behind the front panel? The psu is top rear which seems to be normal but where to set up an intake fan? There is a spot on the back at the bottom but I havn't heard of an intake on the back with the psu up above serving as the exaust. Sure it's an older system but I'm not a gamer or graphics intensive type. I just want to prolong it's life. The mobo is the IPILP-LC. Everything but ram(2gigs ddr2) and hdd(400g) is stock. I've read that the cpu(E2140) can be upgraded to E2160. Would that aid in less heat generation? I've been on the pc now for about 5 hours and Speccy gives 3 temp readings as follows: cpu 30c, mobo 39c, hdd 32c. As I said I'm not a gamer or graphics intensive type but I get this nagging feeling that things may be warmer than they oughta be. I can't measure these temp readings to any past readings as I've only had the Speccy installed for about a month or so and with the same readings , give or take a degree or 2 at most. Any cooling suggestions? Thanks in advance. I have vista home premium if that makes any diff.

Solution
Its a compaq, the airflow will be horrible, it will be warm, and the only way to get better cooling is to mod the case.

As for the temps, those are fine, odd that the motherboard is hotter than the CPU but that may be the north bridge temp, but idle temp isnt as big of a concern as load temp but HP/Compaq do their best to keep it in reasonable temp range, it wont be cool at load but it wont be critical either.
Its a compaq, the airflow will be horrible, it will be warm, and the only way to get better cooling is to mod the case.

As for the temps, those are fine, odd that the motherboard is hotter than the CPU but that may be the north bridge temp, but idle temp isnt as big of a concern as load temp but HP/Compaq do their best to keep it in reasonable temp range, it wont be cool at load but it wont be critical either.

Solution

ranger_23

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2011
Thanks, Hunter.
As for the mobo temp Speccy reads as follows:
"ASUSTeK Computer INC. Lancaster8 (CPU 1) 39c"
Though under the mobo reading I would guess you're probably right that the temp it displays
is reguarding the northbridge. Maby I'll replace it with a better one. I'll also look into what
modifications I can make to the case. Thanks for your help and insight.