Feb 13, 2011
my system is as follows:
Galaxy gtx 470 gc edition @ stock
AMD Phenom ii x4 965 be @ stock
4GB g.skill rip-jaws at 1333MHz
Asus M4N75TD motherboard
windows 7 home premium 64bit
Antec true power quarto 1000W psu

ok so when playing games i have noticed ok performance ingame but abit below expected ( people with similiar/worse setups and same settins were reporting 40 or so fps average on crysis warhead i am only getting 29-30 with dips) this is true with alot of games. so i had a hunch that it could be the ram, i tried running crysis with 4GB and 2GB and noticed absolutly no difference in framerate/stuttering between the two. also cpu z reports the ram as running in single channel instead of dual channel when both sticks are present. i think it might be the motherboard/ram but am not sure :??: any help would be appreciated. :)

Check your motherboard's manual; some (like mine) require the RAM sticks to be in Slots 1 and 3, or 2 and 4.

As for your frame issues, try overclocking your processor 400mhz (easy for a Phenom II). If you notice an increase, well, then your answer is that the processor you have is weaker than the comparing processor.

doughnutear

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2011
i did do a overclock to 3.6ghz than 3.8ghz at a point but decided to put it back down to stock until i get a better heatsink just to be safe. when i had the CPU over clocked i had the same frame rate problem also i am 100% sure my ram is set up for dual channel operation

have u installed the latest ati drivers, and patch ur games to the latest version, that will affect ur performance as well, and also u want ur ram to be running in dual-channel , so check ur memory settings in the bios, so everything is synced 1:1 cpu and fsb, and ur memory timings as well,

doughnutear

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2011
sadly i believe it is hardware related i have done what has be suggested, as a mater of fact its the first thing i tried. the problem is that i have no idea what hardware piece could be the problem. guess ill be doing memtest, prime 95 if that doesnt work get a multimeter than go from there.

did you play at the same resolution as the person you compare your performance to? also about the ram issue make sure you put your ram at the correct slot so your mobo can enable dual channel mode. some manufacturer give the same color for ram slots to indicate which slots pair will enable dual channel mode

It looks like you need to put your RAM close together, in a blue and black slot, to run them in dual channel. Check the manual to be sure. Even so that should only be a few fps, not 10. I'm guessing the reviews your looking at may be using custom settings so make sure you are using the same setting and resolution. Also be sure to apply the patch for Crysis Warhead as it makes a huge difference.