Sign in with
Your question

Back up

Last response: in Networking
August 6, 2010 5:35:43 AM

I have to backup a pc(win xp) with all it's domain settings.... can anyone help??? The win XP pc is being as a server in a company and am assigned to install a new server (DELL poweredge) with server 2008...

More about : back

August 6, 2010 6:13:32 AM

vish_25 said:
I have to backup a pc(win xp) with all it's domain settings.... can anyone help??? The win XP pc is being as a server in a company and am assigned to install a new server (DELL poweredge) with server 2008...

[#0005ff]The Files and Settings Transfer Wizard should be sufficient for your needs. Either find the Wizard in All Programmes>Accessories>System Tools or Go Start>Run then type in migwiz.exe and hit Enter then follow the trail to save all the files and all the settings..[/#000ff]
August 6, 2010 5:25:58 PM

I'm not sure that the files settings wizard transfers over to the server products. If not, you may have to manually record the necessary info from your XP desktop and recreate them in server '08.

An xp desktop doesn't have "domain settings" in the sense of controlling a domain, so I'm not sure what you need to transfer from there to a server.
!