skinamo

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2011
Hello,
I have just installed a new hard drive in my HP Pavilion dv6000 laptop. The old drive, 120GB, had died. The new drive, 320GB, does not have an operating system installed. When I switch the computer on, after the splash screen I get the following error:

PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable
PXE-M0F: Exiting Intel Boot Agent.
Invalid partition table

The problem is I can't get to install my operating system. The cd/dvd drive won't open and the light on the drive stays on. The BIOS version on this computer is F.16.

This is the information on the CMOS setup screen:

Model number: HP Pavilion dv6000 (RV216UA#ABA)
System Board: ID 30BB
Processor: Intel T2080
Speed: 1730 MHz
Total Memory: 3072 MB
BIOS Version: F.16
Serial Number: CNFxxxxxxJ

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

skinamo

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2011
I took the drive out and checked pins (contacts), all appears to be in good condition and clean. Is there any way for me to test the drive outside of the machine?

skinamo

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2011
Okay rolli59, I think it is compatible. Right now, what it does is go through POST, after the HP splash screen it says 'Windows is loading files' and when the progress bar gets to the end it shuts off and restarts. It will continue doing this over and over until I decide to shut it down.

What do you think? :(

If you enter BIOS there should be an option there to disable restart on system failure, that will leave a BSOD on the screen and you will then maybe find out what the problem is. It can very well be that it has nothing to do with the HDD, could be the ram modules or something else.

phonganh32

Honorable
Jun 17, 2012
HI

you need to re-install operating .

you need windows cd to install ,because you buy new hard drive nothing in there is be format,.

this you have windows cd or dvd, windows xp ,windows vista,windows 7.

please install is. and downloads drivers software install too went you finish install windows,webside what you have brand-name,like hp is will be
http://www8.hp.com/us/en/support-drivers.html

type your model laptop in then lick go

TRENDING THREADS