If the power cord is not the problem with the cpu what could be other possible i

jbudak

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2011
I changed and checked the power cords for an hp pavilion cpu. The green light in the back would go off and on for a few secs. then zero connection. What are the possible problems before I take it to an it person? I have fixed a few things and can be handy. thanks

Your problem is probably with the power supply or motherboard. The power supply can be changed by you if it's a standard desktop with atx ps. Newegg had one for $22 shipped yesterday. You simply unplug your old ps and gently remove each connector inside. Then use a phillips screwdriver to unscrew the four screws on the back. If you want more help, please list your system model number.

jbudak

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2011
Thank you so much for your response. I found the fix. I unplugged everything from the mobo, then connected the power back first and waited to see if the fan would kick on----however, I had to reset the little red power button under the power cord. Then when the mobo powered up I just reconnected everything else.. That was not an original idea it came from the research. Thanks for your help