Upgrading From A GTX 260 SLI Setup To ???

mekender

Distinguished
May 9, 2006
So I am currently running a pair of GTX 260s in SLI and I think it is time once again for an upgrade.

I am slightly concerned about heat and power consumption so I was thinking about a single card instead of another SLI setup... at least to start, within the first year I will probably add a second card and a new powersupply.

My real concern is, would a 560 Ti or a GTX 570 be a big enough upgrade to justify the cost of the new card? I didnt jump on the 400 series cards because I didnt figure they would be enough of an upgrade to justify it and I dont know if I am still in the same boat.

Thoughts?

Griffolion

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
The hierarchy chart says the 560Ti is two rungs above the 260, the minimum level of rung ascension to warrant a worthwhile upgrade is 3, so from that perspective i wouldn't say a 560Ti is worth your time.

Saying that, the 560Ti does offer you major overclockability, DX11 and more updated display outputs. Not to mention your rig will be very potent after adding a second one in.

Then again, if your 260's are still chewing through modern games quite happily, maybe you can save your cash and hang onto them a little longer?