Sign in with
Your question

P8H67-V does not output any thing

Last response: in Motherboards
March 31, 2012 11:52:12 AM

I just bought Asus P8h67-V, Intel I5 2400, Kingston 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 KHX1333C9D3B1/4G, and Western Digital Caviar Green 2 TB Hard Drive WD20EARX to upgrade my PC. The case, power supply and video card are old. Power supply is Dynapower ADW-50017 500W and video card is PNY Geforce 8800 GTS.

After put everything together, there is no output to monitor. Did few things to troubleshoot it.

1. Unplug the Geforce 8800 and have the monitor connected to motherboard's VGA port.
2. Check the MemOk. I did not see where is the LED for this (it should be located next to the switch per manual). There is nothing lights up. I did a test to remove the DDR3 and found the MemOk LED is still not lighting up. I guess it's either there is nothing wrong with RAM, or the MemOk function has some problem.
3. The board has a 8-pin ATX12V for CPU. However my PS only has a 4-pin ATX12V, and I was able to plug it to the right side of 8-pin holes. Would this be the problem? The manual says "Do Not forget to connect the 4-pin/8-pin ATX" so it sounds like both 4 or 8 pin is ok. Is my CPU demanding more power than a 4 pin can handle?

Please help.

More about : p8h67 output thing

April 1, 2012 3:50:57 AM

Ok, I got a 8-pin ATX12v and plugged in. No it did not solve the problem.

No output from both video card or on board video. All lights and fans are on. Any one? Give me a hand.
!