DKsector013

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2011
Hi guys

This is my first thread on this forum and I need some help

I just finished putting together a new pc, my first build in fact. The problem is that no matter what I do, the DRAM LED on the mobo is always solid red no matter what I do or how many times I press the MemOK! button. Even plugged into a monitor there is no video and no sound so I can't get a POST.

The build is as follows:

Asus M4A89GTD PRO/USB3
Zalman Z7 Plus
AMD Phenom II X2 555BE
Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2
Samsung DDR3 PC10600 4GB (2x2GB)
Storm/Low quality 600W PSU
Seagate Barracuda 160GB HDD
Lightscribe 8x DVD-RW

It won't boot, no matter what config I use with RAM.

Can anybody help?

XXF

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2011
I don't know you or anything about you, so this isn't because I doubt your specific abilities, BUT, for new builders getting RAM seated properly can be quite difficult. If you can see any part of the threads on the RAM it isn't seated all the way in the MOBO and you'll never get to POST. It can take a surprising amount of force when you consider how delicate the RAM and MOBO are to high voltage shocks...

lowjack989

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2009
I hve the same board....make sure that the core unlocker swith is off along with the auto OC switch....Like XXF said above make sure the RAM is seated properly...reset your CMOS also....Does the memOK! LED blink when pressed or does it just stay solid? Do you have the speaker hooked up? If so, which beep code is it giving you?

DKsector013

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2011
thanks for the replies guys

To XXF, yeah the ram was all the way in, I've swapped out RAM before, just not built a full system

To lowjack, I did all of that and I can't get a beep code as there was no sound or video output

I tried just putting one part in at a time and I deduced that the mobo was defective so Amazon has sent a new one out, ill post back if I get the same problem

thanks again guys :)