Boosting usb modem wireless device max dl/ul speed

new003

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2010
hey, i have a usb modem that i plug into my usb directly on my computer to go on the internet. I was wondering if I wrapped foil or taped a metal pan under it would it help the signal strength? The card usually has all four bars signal strength but itsn't really that fast. I was just wondering if these kind of cards have a max dl/up speed set that can't really be passed even if i do setup some sort of thing under it or around it (foil etc).

new003

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2010

Yea, its verizon wireless 3g and the card model is UMW190

new003

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2010

yea 4g will be almost as fast as fiber and it's already around just in the top 10 most populated cities in the united states. I think it will be a long time before they make 4g widely available maybe years.

doc_toucan

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2011

hi i am useing a alltell card now owned by verizon i used to stream netflex movies but now it says i have a connection problum, but i can strean movies from hulu? did the turn down the signal at verizon ? to get me to change plans ? im confused as to why it would work for 2years and now nothing. please send respone to doc_toucan@yahoo.com. i do appreciate your info. thxs.

TRENDING THREADS