ADATA 1333MHz RAM running only at 667MHz?

Status
Not open for further replies.

psm360

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2011
Hello,
In my new build I installed one ADATA premier 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 RAM but when I checked its clock in Speecy and CPU-Z it showed only 667 MHz.
What could be the reason?
Specs:
AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE (supports upto 1333MHz RAM)
ASUS M5A88-M motherboard

Solution
This is the correct and actual speed the memory runs at, 667mhz. Its DDR (double data rate) which simply means it can be written to and read from at the same time, so in essence, it "works" or acts like it is running at 1333mhz. (When compared to older non DDR memory types) This is a marketing technique memory manufactures have been using since the invention of DDR memory so they can advertise speed with bigger numbers, and bigger numbers sell more parts.
This is the correct and actual speed the memory runs at, 667mhz. Its DDR (double data rate) which simply means it can be written to and read from at the same time, so in essence, it "works" or acts like it is running at 1333mhz. (When compared to older non DDR memory types) This is a marketing technique memory manufactures have been using since the invention of DDR memory so they can advertise speed with bigger numbers, and bigger numbers sell more parts.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.