I am planning to build a new PC for my general day-to-day usage. I need suggestions/recommendations so that i can build a solid PC within my budget. I cannot think of any other forum than this one..
I will be watching lots n' lots (i mean it!) of ripped HD movies, playing music and of course heavy browsing & chatting along with my normal office productivity. Though i play modern games, i am not a hardcore/serious gamer.
I have fixed my budget to Rs.40,000 (around $800) but ready to spend Rs.5,000 more if really required.
Speed! Want it to be really speedy for my usage mentioned above.
Should be a pleasure for watching ripped HD movies.
I am not too worried about overclocking ability of the processor. But i want to go with AMD as Intel core i3/i5 are more expensive than AMD's quad core processors here in India. Though i was using Intel's system before, i always beleived that AMD produces true VFM processors.
CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 955 Black Edition
MoBo: Asus M4A88T-M or GigaByte MA880GM-UD2H
RAM: Corsair 2x2GB DDR III @ 1333 MHz
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1TB (32MB cache)
Optical Drive: LG 22x SATA DVD Writer
Chasis: Cooler Master Elite 310 or 334
PSU: Corsair CX 430W
Monitor: Benq G2220HD
OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
1. Have i got the right combination? One of my friends suggested me that the choice of my CPU is a overkill for my usage. If it is the case, i am considering either Phenom II x2 555 BE or Athlon II x4 635. But my heart is set on 955 BE.
2. Any recommendations on my choice of MoBo? I am really confused between these two.
3. Is it necessary to get a discrete graphics card? I am not too sure about it as i don't play too much of games. I guess the built in GPU in the MoBo is sufficient for my need. Any thoughts on this?
4. If i am not getting a discrete graphics card, i am considering an option of going with CM chasis with built in SMPS (400W). Is it a good option? I can save couple of hundreds here.
5. Finally, what about the cooling solution? The chasis i am considering is fitted with a 120mm rear fan. Is it sufficient or should i add another fan in the front of the case?
Please post your suggestions/recommendations to help me out in finalizing my build. Let me know if you can think of a better or equally good components as alternates to the one i chose. I need it by the end of next month.
1) Stick with the quad but if you are not gaming you could get an Athlon II X4 if the savings are worth it.
2) Both are good, select on price or toss a coin.
3) Don't expect to game on the onboard it is only good for browsing and office work.
4) It would be enough but quality of budget CM PSU's is so so.
5) Not a bad idea to put an intake fan in the front.