Build keeps restarting itself

thehunt23

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2011
Hello Tom's Hardware Community,

My build keeps restarting itself, i have been using it since November but this last week it has decided to keep re booting, and only when im playing games.

I've played a lot of Football Manager 2011 on this machine but now it just starts re starting, and recently has been doing it while i was doing a run through of Portal.

Both games aren't high on the graphic specs, but im wondering if something is overheating?

Im still a newbiee at al this and im a little worried something is wrong and not 100% sure where to start with it all.

Any help is much appreciated.

I downloaded PC Wizard and im getting temps of:

TMPIN0- 34c
TMPIN1- 37c
TMPIN- 128c (not sure if this high, or an error from PC Wizard)

Core 1- 21c
Core 2- 21c

Graphics card- 34c

System Specs:

MBoard - Asus M4A785TD-M EVO
Processor - AMD Phenom II X2 555
Ram - 4GB
Video - ATI Radeon HD 5700

thehunt23

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2011
ok, well i will just have to wait till it happens again. Its sporadic to say the least.

i will shut off auto start and then post again when i get the message. Will it hang on the BSOD to grab the code? or will it be quick?

I haven't noticed a blue screen yet, it just jumps right to a black screen then my motherboard screen and starts windows.

Note: afaik, you can disable auto-restart from windows.
System Properties> Advanced> Startup and Recovery> Settings> System failure> uncheck 'Automatically Restart'
At that point if your machine hangs, it will show you the BSOD until you manually restart it.