Build keeps restarting itself

Hello Tom's Hardware Community,

My build keeps restarting itself, i have been using it since November but this last week it has decided to keep re booting, and only when im playing games.

I've played a lot of Football Manager 2011 on this machine but now it just starts re starting, and recently has been doing it while i was doing a run through of Portal.

Both games aren't high on the graphic specs, but im wondering if something is overheating?

Im still a newbiee at al this and im a little worried something is wrong and not 100% sure where to start with it all.

Any help is much appreciated.

I downloaded PC Wizard and im getting temps of:

TMPIN0- 34c
TMPIN1- 37c
TMPIN- 128c (not sure if this high, or an error from PC Wizard)

Core 1- 21c
Core 2- 21c

Graphics card- 34c

System Specs:

MBoard - Asus M4A785TD-M EVO
Processor - AMD Phenom II X2 555
Ram - 4GB
Video - ATI Radeon HD 5700
6 answers Last reply
More about build restarting itself
  1. 128C usually means broken or missing sensor, that is if it just stays there all the time. What PSU do you have?
  2. corsair 450w

yeah it just stays at 128c constantly
  3. Broken/missing sensor! That PSU is plenty so you need to get the BSOD code so you can find out what is causing it. In BIOS there should be a setting to disable auto start on shut down.
  4. ok, well i will just have to wait till it happens again. Its sporadic to say the least.

i will shut off auto start and then post again when i get the message. Will it hang on the BSOD to grab the code? or will it be quick?

I haven't noticed a blue screen yet, it just jumps right to a black screen then my motherboard screen and starts windows.
  5. That is because it is enabled in bios to start right up on failure.
  6. Note: afaik, you can disable auto-restart from windows.
    System Properties> Advanced> Startup and Recovery> Settings> System failure> uncheck 'Automatically Restart'
    At that point if your machine hangs, it will show you the BSOD until you manually restart it.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Tom's Hardware Build Systems