ASRock Extreme4 Gen3 BIOS Issue

Rocco0891

Honorable
Mar 18, 2012
Hey everyone! Just finished up a new build. Had some issues with the motherboard but after reseating the CPU i'm finally able to get it to boot!

After boot, it takes me to the BIOS screen and asks me to enter a password to enter the BIOS? I have absolutely no idea what this password could be and i've looked all over to see if there's a default password listed anywhere. I cleared the CMOS as well and still the same problem.

Any idea how I can get around this? Very frustrating.

Case -Corsair 500r
CPU - Intel Core i5-2500k
CPU Cooler - Coolermaster Hyper 212+
Motherboard - ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3
GPU - EVGA GTX 560 Ti FPB (Fermi) 1GB 265-bit
Memory - G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 1600
PSU - CORSAIR Professional Series HX750
HDD - Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200

Thanks for the help in advance!

Solution
Did you buy an "open box", as in possible used, board? Should never be a password.

Unplug the PSU, Pull the battery and press power button a few times before putting batt back and and plugging in to make sure CMOS actually clears.

vic20

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2006
Did you buy an "open box", as in possible used, board? Should never be a password.

Unplug the PSU, Pull the battery and press power button a few times before putting batt back and and plugging in to make sure CMOS actually clears.

Solution

Rocco0891

Honorable
Mar 18, 2012

It was actually purchased new from Newegg. I will try pulling the battery as you suggested and let you know how it goes. Thanks for the suggestion!

lol...can't tell if this guy is trolling?

G

looniam wrote :

tom's cannot help with password recovery, we never know if that computer can be stolen.

contact the vendor.

read the rules. :)

Rocco0891

Honorable
Mar 18, 2012

Success! Thank you so much. Removed the battery, hit the power button a couple times on the board and waited a little bit. Booted right into the BIOS manager with no password screen :D

Thanks a bunch!