ThinkPad T22 keyboard

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
May 2, 2005 11:47:27 AM

I recently bought a ThinkPad T22 on ebay. I am disappointed to find
that it does not have Windows or application keys on the keyboard. I
use the Windows key on my desktop computer all the time. I use it
to call up the start menu and I use some of the keyboard shortcuts
built into Windows. The shortcuts I use with the Windows key are
the Windows key with these keys: E D F and R.

Are all ThinkPads this way? Are all laptop computers this way?

Is there a replacement internal keyboard I could buy that have these
keys? Is there any way I can program the lower mouse button to work
as a Windows key?
--
I used to think that most MDs were incompetent morons. I was wrong,
they are actually very intelligent and good at what they do which is

More about : thinkpad t22 keyboard

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
May 2, 2005 12:15:46 PM

IBM has a program that will allow you to reprogram some keys. I use the
right alt key for a windows key. I believe there are a few other
freeware programs that perform the same task also.

If you can't find the IBM program, let me know and I can email it to
you.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
May 4, 2005 2:06:08 AM

> Are all ThinkPads this way?

Yes. They don't like Microsoft, and are waiting for linux to take over.

Are all laptop computers this way?

No.

> Is there a replacement internal keyboard I could buy that have these
> keys?

No. IBM does not acknowledge that Windows is prevalent enough as to warrant
it's own key

> Is there any way I can program the lower mouse button to work
> as a Windows key?

Maybe. I use IBM's keyboard customiser utility, which maps it to the AltGr
key. I've used it for a year without any conflicts so far.

> I used to think that most MDs were incompetent morons. I was wrong,
> they are actually very intelligent and good at what they do which is
> make lots of money and get lots of prestige by shoveling enormous
> amounts of BS very, very rapidly.

Right.
!