Sign in with
Your question

ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 LGA 11 vs.GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 Intel Z68

Last response: in Motherboards
April 1, 2012 1:46:31 PM

ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 LGA 1155 (C$ 133) vs GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 Intel Z68 (C$ 145)

I need support for
- Intel Smart Response technology
- Sata III 6Gbps
- native USB 3.0 (preferable in front panel)
- eSata port (preferable in front panel)
- on board integrated video graphics and on board sound card (these two if possible. a. if both then better than just 1 of them ... b.and if just one of them better than no integration at all)

I also need support for upcoming IVY BRIDGE processor.
I know i would be better served to wait for the new Z77 but not at C$300 + prices, as it seems they will be priced at launching time (and for quite some time after that too).

I would like to know opinions of those of you who are builders and/or have had repeated experiences with new products and past marketing and pricing realities.

Appreciative of any and all contributions you may have to offer.

Note:
1. ASUS P8Z68-V Pro GEN3 Z68 LGA1155 ATX 3PCI-E16 2PCI-E1 2 PCI B3 Motherboard (P8Z68-V-PRO GEN3) was also part of the comparison but at a best price of C$194 I cant find a good reason to still consider it as a competitive entry
2. Also checked MSI Z68A-GD80 G3 (high end like Asus Deluxe)- 5 year warranty -military certified Currently priced at $195. Same comment as with the Asus above.

Thank you kindly
April 1, 2012 3:42:03 PM

I need support for
- Intel Smart Response technology
- Sata III 6Gbps
- native USB 3.0 (preferable in front panel)
- eSata port (preferable in front panel)
- on board integrated video graphics and on board sound card (these two if possible. a. if both then better than just 1 of them ... b.and if just one of them better than no integration at all)

I also need support for upcoming IVY BRIDGE processor.
I know i would be better served to wait for the new Z77 but not at C$300 + prices, as it seems they will be priced at launching time (and for quite some time after that too).

I would like to know opinions of those of you who are builders and/or have had repeated experiences with new products and past marketing and pricing realities.

Appreciative of any and all contributions you may have to offer.

Note:
1. ASUS P8Z68-V Pro GEN3 Z68 LGA1155 ATX 3PCI-E16 2PCI-E1 2 PCI B3 Motherboard (P8Z68-V-PRO GEN3) was also part of the comparison but at a best price of C$194 I cant find a good reason to still consider it as a competitive entry
2. Also checked MSI Z68A-GD80 G3 (high end like Asus Deluxe)- 5 year warranty -military certified Currently priced at $195. Same comment as with the Asus above.

Thank you kindly[/quotemsg]
m
l
!