Tags:
  • ASRock
  • Boot
  • Devices
  • New Build
  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
April 1, 2012 1:54:09 PM

I have a ASROCK X79 Extreme9. I have a kingston SSD and a CDRom attached the the SATA ports. Both devices show in BIOS including in the boot menu. I have the SSD set to ACHI and others set to IDE.

When I bring up the boot menu, I select the cdrom and hit enter. I receive a message, "Reboot and Select proper boot device or insert Boot Media in Selected Boot device and press any key". When I hit any key, I continue to receive the same mesage. I have tried two different Windows install cd in the cdrom drive.

What can I try moving forward?

Brad

More about : build boot problem

April 1, 2012 2:03:50 PM

Is it A CDROM or DVDROM? If you are putting DVD into a CDROM that does not work. If that is not the case make sure that Windows Media( CD or DVD) is not an update disk but full copy of OS.
m
l
April 1, 2012 2:06:21 PM

I am a bozo. I was wrong, the cdrom was not connected. Boots fine now.
m
l
Related resources
April 1, 2012 2:07:53 PM

win7 is a dvd. do you have a combo dvd/cd drive?... you need a dvd drive to install win7.
m
l
April 1, 2012 2:22:59 PM

maxinexus said:
Is it A CDROM or DVDROM? If you are putting DVD into a CDROM that does not work. If that is not the case make sure that Windows Media( CD or DVD) is not an update disk but full copy of OS.

BTW if you are installing win7 clean, don't enter a key when it asks fir one , just skip it, install win7, then rerun win7 upgrade and then type in your key...

yes, this is a bit sketchy, YMMV ,and doesn't require the full copy disk only the upgrade NOT OEM :non:  . google for the details...
(and a geniune win7 upgrade key...) :bounce: 
m
l
!