Upgrade from Athlon ii x3 445 to phenom ii x4 or x6 worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

faithleo

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2011
Hi first post, read alot when i was building so am sure you will be able to help me out with this one.

Was wondering if it would be beneficial to upgrade now to a phenom ii x4 or x6 from my current athlon ii x3 445, how much improvement i would see or whether i should wait?

Thanks in advance

Solution
An upgrade to a PhenomII quad-core would be a significant upgrade, especially when cranked to 3.8GHz+.

An upgrade to a PhenomII hex-core would be a significant upgrade if your software can put the extra cores to work in video conversion, 3D modeling, etc.

With the X3 445 you could get a nice boost with an over-clock, especially to the IMC/NB, but the higher you go when compared to the PhIIs the distinctions actually grow larger due to the lack of L3.

An over-clocked PhII quad is quite a potent processor and can push today's finest video cards to their highest levels.

An upgrade to a PhenomII quad-core would be a significant upgrade, especially when cranked to 3.8GHz+.

An upgrade to a PhenomII hex-core would be a significant upgrade if your software can put the extra cores to work in video conversion, 3D modeling, etc.

With the X3 445 you could get a nice boost with an over-clock, especially to the IMC/NB, but the higher you go when compared to the PhIIs the distinctions actually grow larger due to the lack of L3.

An over-clocked PhII quad is quite a potent processor and can push today's finest video cards to their highest levels.

Solution

cronos177

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2011
Same here I was considering to upgrade as well, but I think like o1die said if you sell it first then see. If not I was thinking wait until prices come down. Or wait until September and sell the CPU/MOBO get a new AM3+.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS