HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB
Optical Drive: Asus
Keyboard: Microsoft Sidewider X4
Mouse: Logitech G9x
Speakers: 5.1 Logitech X-540
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo
Monitor: Asus VS248
Wireless Adapter: Rosewill RNX-N250PCe

Okay so everything went smooth at first until I randomly started getting BSOD saying something about Memory I'm not to sure exactly what it said it would appear and disappear to fast. I'd be able to get into windows but as soon as i tried downloaded drivers or anything I'd get the BSOD again. So I clean installed windows and yet it kept happening. I tried using google as help and I seen someone mention the same problems as me and it ended up being a bad stick so i removed both and picked one and reinstalled windows and it's been about a day or two and I haven't had a problem. So my question is could it had been that the stick of RAM was bad or not? How can i tell besides the fact that I'm only running 1 stick as of right now and don't have any issues. I'm scared of putting the stick back in and running into errors again. Any suggestions would be great thank you.

aRodr1guez

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2012

Everything has been stable since reinstalled windows removed one stick of RAM and left only one in. If I put the other stick back in and it causes problems once again will i have to reinstall windows? I really don't want to go threw that trouble again.

aRodr1guez

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2012
Thanks. On the Asus P8Z68-V PRO Manuel it says to use slots a2 and b2 which I did at the time. I'll try what you've suggested and report back if anything. How long should I let the memtest run for?

aRodr1guez

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2012
Okay so I went ahead and ran memtest on the stick that I assumed to be working and it ran with no errors. I put the second stick back in and ran memtest again and this time I got an error so it recommend to try 1 dimm at a time to check which one it is so I ran the second one in the a2 slot (recommended for 1 dimm by the Mobo Manuel) and it gave an error right away but as soon as I booted up with it I had gotten a BSOD and tried again and it let me into windows to run the test which the gave me the error to confirm its this stick. It's having problems storing values correctly. Guess I'm gonna have to RMA.

Status
Not open for further replies.