Solved

Need new future proof-ish graphics card...

Right now I have a 5770 with a amd phenom II 965 and my motherboards is a asrock 790gx. I want a video card that can play new games that are coming out soon (crysis 2, BF3, etc..). I dont really care if it can run at max settings, but I want to run it at at least on medium. (1920X1080). What do you recommend? doing crossfire X with another 5770 is also an option. Maybe even the new 6xxx cards that are out...
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about need future proof graphics card
  1. hd6850, another hd5770, or GTX 460 1gb are good.
  2. heres the thing, can you post me a guide on how to do crossfire x? I tried it once for my friend and it didnt really work....
  3. do you even think I need an upgrade? Again, I don't care about max settings... Eventually I will need to, but how long do you think a 5770 will last me?
  4. What you do is: install the card, download the drivers, put on the CF bridge, go into Catalyst Control Center, enable CF, then re-start. It should work.
  5. Best answer
    I would wait until the game(s) come out first. If you don't like the performance, then spend money on an upgrade.
  6. If you do not need max setting, a hd5770 will last you two years or so.
  7. You need a motherboard that can do Xfire for starters, and a Xfire capable PSU.

Problem is you haven't set any constraints on your preference, so I can sggest you any top of the range cards from ATI or Nvidia, lets say a 5990 or GTX 580, and both would be good GPUs to get. You could help yourself by stating budget, and PSU power.
  8. Best answer selected by maziar321.
  9. He doesn't want to play games on max, so why would even recommend those two AMAZING GPUs? Btw, it is a hd5970 or hd6990.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics