No Fans Spinning, No Power, No Boot Beeps

taenayr

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2011
Hello folks,

I read the sticky about Homebuilt systems and troubleshooting steps. I've completed just about everything except removing all components and leaving just a graphics card, and RAM and attempting to boot.

I'm post a bit preemptively because I'm concerned about the no fans spinning as I think it means there is no power going to the mobo despite everything being plugged in. Even if I remove extra components, nothing will change...Or so I think.

I flip the switch in the back on the PSU, and power on the PC with the button on the front. I am met with dead silence. No fans spinning, no boot beeps. All I see is a brief Blue flash from my case LEDs and that's all.

I reseated all connectors on the motherboard to make sure everything was connected snugly and securely and to my knowledge they all are. Attempted to reboot again, nothing.

I just built a computer with the following specs. Numbers in parenthesis indicate the quantity of the item used in my system:

ASUS Crosshair IV Formula Mobo AM3 AMD 890FX SATA ATX

AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition Thuban 3.2GHz Socket AM3 125W

CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V v2.2

(2) XFX HD-577A-ZNFC Radeon HD 5770 (Juniper XT) 1GB

(2) G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3

Thanks in advance, let me know if you require any other information.

(Edited multiple times after reading stickies.)

taenayr

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2011
Back again!

For future reference, connecting a cable that is meant for a floppy drive to a spot on the motherboard meant for a fan will short out your motherboard and cause it not to boot.

Unplugged those two cables, problem solved.