Sign in with
Your question
Solved

HD4770 HSF options

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 16, 2011 9:04:27 AM

I've had 2x HD4770's running for a while, and the fan on one of them just packed up. Given that my mobo has only one space between the two cards, I'd actually like a good HSF combo for both cards, preferable one that pulls in cold air from the back of the case, if possible.
Any suggestions?

More about : hd4770 hsf options

February 16, 2011 5:26:21 PM

Check this GPU HSF out. I have used before in other rigs. Looking at the Zalman website implies that it should work, but you may need to do some measuring in your rig to be sure.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

BTW, you are not likely to find a solution that pulls in air as you suggested from a width perspective. An alternative, if your case supports, would be to mount a side fan blowing cool air into the GPU/CPU area.

Good luck!
m
l
February 17, 2011 3:16:39 AM

I'd have to cut a hole in my side panel to put a fan there.
I'm sure I saw a heat sink somewhere that could pivot to go on either side of the graphics card. I figure that might help with the two cards being so close together.
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
February 17, 2011 10:01:49 AM

Chewie said:
I'd have to cut a hole in my side panel to put a fan there.
I'm sure I saw a heat sink somewhere that could pivot to go on either side of the graphics card. I figure that might help with the two cards being so close together.

What make/model mobo are you using?
m
l
February 17, 2011 11:21:48 AM

Its an ASRock AOD790GX/128M. My two problems with it are being stuck with ddr2, and the spacing of the PCI-e slots.
m
l

Best solution

February 17, 2011 12:15:13 PM

Actually, that isn't a bad mobo. I have a 785-based version of the board and have CFed in it with stock single-slot wide GPUs with no problems. This design does limit you, however, in your HSF options.

Came across this list on another site. Might prove useful for you.

Good luck!

http://www.overclock.net/ati/388922-guide-hd4850-afterm...
February 17, 2011 9:12:10 PM

Thanks mate, I'm checking those out now.
m
l
February 24, 2011 11:03:58 PM

Best answer selected by Chewie.
m
l
!