Toshiba Tecra 750CDM LCD replacement?

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
Share
May 3, 2005 6:53:18 AM

Hello,

I have a 750cdm laptop that I need to install a new screen. Problem
is, I'm not sure how to remove it. I'm used to pulling things apart,
as I work as a technician, but with this, I am hesitant to pry on
things, so as not to break anything. Does anyone know how this screen
is replaced on this laptop? I decided I'd better stop, as I have a lot
of screws out, but still no success. Thanks for any info ahead of
time.

Bill
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
May 3, 2005 8:09:31 AM

On almost all Toshiba laptops, the lid is held by two screws near the
lower corners, usually behind adhesive appliques that cover them (these
sometimes have the product line ("Satellite", "Tecra", etc. imprinted on
them, other times they are "plain"). Remove these carefully by sliding
a pin or X-Acto knife blade under them (a real service shop would rip
them off and replace them with new ones, individuals and indpendent
repair shops don't always have that luxury). On a some models, there
are 4 screws, one in each corner, the ones at the top are often under
"rubber bumpers".

Once the screws are out, 2 or 4, the bezel is still held by typically
about 12 to 16 snaps. I wish I could tell you how to get these undone,
it's a learned art that isn't easily communicated in text, and there is
significant risk of breaking a plastic part. Basically, find a starting
place and work your way around the LCD.

Bill wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a 750cdm laptop that I need to install a new screen. Problem
> is, I'm not sure how to remove it. I'm used to pulling things apart,
> as I work as a technician, but with this, I am hesitant to pry on
> things, so as not to break anything. Does anyone know how this screen
> is replaced on this laptop? I decided I'd better stop, as I have a lot
> of screws out, but still no success. Thanks for any info ahead of
> time.
>
> Bill
May 9, 2005 5:15:35 AM

Barry,

Thanks for the ino. I was successful in changing the screen.

Bill

!