Feb 16, 2011
hi guys....
here's my sys config:
intel core i5-760 @ 2.8ghz
kingston 2 gb ddr3 ram
xfx gts 250 core edition 1 gb gddr3
windows 7 ultimate 32 bit

so what are ur comments??? :sol: :sol:

So im assuming you want to know what Graphics card to put with those parts then ?
We need to know what PSU you have and also what Motherboard you have, this is relevant in case you may want to Crossfire or SLI in the future as not all Motherboards will only run one or other.
We also need to know what type of games you want to play and at what Resolution.

Mactronix :)

ultimatebot

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2011
no... i am asking whether my config is a good one or not....
i recently bought this rig..

my psu huntkey 650w titan..

i play at 1600x900 res..

games are like crysis,cod,gta 4,assassins creeed etc(mostly all good games...)

Pallimud

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2010
In all seriousness though, I'd say you really need to get more RAM. 2GB isn't enough, you should have at least 4GB in a windows 7 machine, even if it is 32bit. Nowadays your browser can eat up 1Gb by itself, and those games are heavy and would love to use up to 2GB while playing.

O and congrats on your new system :)

Pallimud

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2010
Looks to me that it will do whatever you'd like it to do. In the future you can upgrade your graphics card, but it is good enough to play those games, if not on ultra settings.

That system should do you good and you can always overclock the CPU once it starts getting dated. You'll just need a new CPU fan and then follow some of the guides here for overclocking.

Otherwise, you'll be good to go for the next few years hopefully. Happy gaming :)

I see you edited your post to add some info. Your post read like this a minuite ago.

hi guys....
here's my sys config:
intel core i5-760 @ 2.8ghz
kingston 2 gb ddr3 ram

Thats why i was wondering what exactly you wereasking.

Its a pretty decent balanced system but its not going toplay Crysis at high settings.

The i5 is a good CPU and will handle a gpu upgrade with ease should you decide to do so in future.
Personally i would have wanted another 2 GB of Ram and a higher speced GPU but for what it is its a decent enough system.

Mactronix :)

mirrion

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2011
There isn't much to add to what others have already said. Bump up to 4GB of RAM, and you can play just about any game just fine at medium/standard settings. If you want to crank it up, you'll want to get a video card that's essentially a Nvidia 460 or better, to make it worth your while (though keep in mind the 480 and 580 are power pigs).

Kkkk1

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2006

Come on man, a GTS250 to play GTA4 and Crysis on ultra settings??? ha ha. No don't think so. I don't mean any disrespect to the guy who started the thread. Yes the game will run but on low settings. You may be able to push medium on COD. Your CPU is fine for now. As mentioned start with more RAM then certainly a better GPU when funds allow. Good luck!

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
yea... i said low-medium settings... actually nobbody said he'd be playing in ultra/max just that he'd get playable framerates at his resolution of 1600x900 ... he coudl play some games at higher setting sbut yet not maxing many titles

Pallimud

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2010
Not so bad. Just pick a setting that makes it comfortable to play. You have to remember the games are for you to enjoy playing, not just looking at :). So just make sure you're happy with how it plays.

Personally I'd reduce the graphcis settings but up the AA to 2x, just because I think jagged edges are worse than less shaders or whatever. Do what feels good for you though that is what is important.

So long as you aren't playing on low graphics mode, you'll soon forget the graphics when caught up in the game.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
with a good story you can forget bad graphics imo.. on mass effect i was playign in very low res at 800x600 on a 850gt and a socket 754 processor.. it cut out i had to use sub titles casue dialog sometimes woudl skip, big visuals would freeze the computer... but i still enjoyed it because the story was awsome

celpas

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2010

Thats the biggest joke I have ever heard.A GTS 250 can play crysis only at low settings?I have a MSI GTX 260 1792MB Superclocked with an i7 870 and I can play crysis warhead at 1680X1050 maxed with shadows and object detail on high.Avg of 35 fps.My PC also plays metro 2033 at high with 38 fps avg.stop underestimating the gts 250.

Kkkk1

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2006

Well I suppose it's whatever you find acceptable FPS to play at. I used to have a GTX295 and it'd only play warhead 1680x1050 maxed 4aa at 42fps, this card is far more powerful than the GTS250. If you find 30FPS acceptable then fine, however I don't and Crysis is horrible at those framerates.

celpas

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2010

In Warhead when I enabled motionblur my average dropped from 39 to 35 fps but amazingly the game felt extremely smooth like playing call of duty modern warfare at 100fps.I guess its because the cryengine is more efficient than other engines.I played just cause 2 at 40 fps and it felt like a complete slideshow.Even when the fps dropped from 60-50 I would notice it.30 fps is playable in games if they are optimised for the pc like metro and crysis.