- Intel Core i5 2500K (no OC yet)
- 2 X 4GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1600 DDR3 SDRAM
- COOLER MASTER GeminII S524 HSF using Arctic 5 Thermal paste
- Samsung 830 128GB SSD for OS
- WD Caviar Black ITB SATAIII HDD for data storage
- LITE-ON optical drive
- WINDOWS 7 64 bit Home Premium
- (no graphics card yet)

Thanks to many hours of reading about other people’s missteps on this and other forums and a few YouTube how-to videos the build went very smoothly. It POST’ed the first time and loaded Windows with no problems.

I have now begun some stress tests before taking any further build steps. I planned to load the ASUS AI suite to monitor temperatures but was put off by all the threads I read about flakey readings. I have HWMonitor loaded and I am observing that it too gives some strange readings.

With HWMonitor my four cores temperature readings are around 31 to 33 C at start up with internet browsing and spreadsheet use. The room temperature is about 27C. When I run Prime 95 for an hour or so the four core temperatures get to a max of 58 C. To my untrained eye this looks fine.

However the CPUTIN reading is always 60C regardless of the load level. Also the TZ00 and TZ01 readings are always 28C and 30C. What are these parameters and is this a bug in HWMonitor or do I need to patch something?

Is there better monitoring software for this particular mobo and microprocessor?

Thanks

sharkbyte5150

Honorable
Mar 22, 2012
Try RealTemp to see if it gives similar readings. Different programs will give you different figures, but if your cores were really getting to dangerous temps, you'd know it.

Make sure your BIOS is up to date and you have the latest version of the AI suite.

eclrmt

Honorable
Mar 22, 2012

Sharkbyte,

Thanks for the reference on RealTemp. I have downloaded it also.

I was not so much concerned about the temperatures being at dangerous levels as I was curious about some of the HWMonitor readings showing a value that never changes regardless of the load.

Thanks