Solved

Ack! I broke the chord for my grahpics card

My graphics card -- a Geforce GTS 450 -- came with a chord meant to connect it to a power chord from the PSU. It's connects to the GeForce using a black six-pin male connection, then branches into two sets of wires that each terminate in a white male connector with four holes, three of which are filled with wires.

Can anyone help me identify this so I can buy a new one?
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about broke chord grahpics card
  1. Best answer
    Honestly, you shouldnt be using it anyway, your PSU should have a single PCI-E connector that can plug straight into the card, what you broke was a 2 molex to 1 6 pin PCI-e adapter that is meant to work around systems that have PSUs that didnt come with a PCI-e connector but if you read the manually i bet it will say that the use of the adapter is recommended against.
  2. OK, I'll try that later tonight (I'm in the middle of installing windows right now).
  3. If your PSU really is that old here is what you need:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812196870&cm_re=molex_to_6_pin-_-12-196-870-_-Product

the pic for that first one is to blurry to make sure it's correct so here is another just in case:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812887001&cm_re=molex_to_6_pin-_-12-887-001-_-Product
  4. Thanks! (My PSU is brand new.)
  5. oh... then what hunter315 said ;^)
  6. What is the make and model of the power supply unit? If it doesn't have a 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connector it may be weak on its +12Volt rail or the power supply unit was only designed to handle graphics cards that required less than 75 Watts of power.

If you have a minimum of a 400 Watt power supply with a +12 Volt current rating of 22 Amps and with a minimum of one 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectoryou should be fine.
  7. It works! Thanks, guys.
  8. Best answer selected by augustfirst.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Connection Graphics Cards Geforce Systems Product