Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Need help from a pro

Last response: in Motherboards
a c 87 V Motherboard
April 3, 2012 2:27:13 AM

Hi everybody i am wanting to buy a new mobo which is best in the 150 to 200 max usd range here is the rest of my rig Processor:Intel i5 2500k
Graphics Card:Gigabyte GTX 560TI
RAM:G.Skill RipjawsX 8GB @1600mhz CL9
HDD\SSD:500GB Hitachi Deskstar 1 Crucial M4
Power Supply:Thermaltake TR2 TRX-650M
Case:Cooler Master HAF 912
Cooling:Cooler Master V6 GT overclocking is a must lol i was thinking maybe one of these would be best but honestly i can't decide i need help other suggestions are welcome i also prefer to buy it from tigerdirect since newegg charges me tax which i rather not pay and think is total bs lol thanks in advance for your help. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... P.S. I was also informed that msi mobo are really good but i don't know that is why i need your help basically i am looking for the most solid mobo that i can overclock and has quite a bit of features

More about : pro

a b V Motherboard
April 3, 2012 2:53:31 AM

Have you already purchased on the parts? If so, we'll just help with the motherboard. If you haven't purchased anything yet, then you should start a New Build thread a fill this out: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261222-31-build-advic...

Motherboard:
Asus, Gigabyte, or ASRock. MSI, EVGA and maybe some other ones are fine too, but I'd stick with the first three. Z68 is a must.

How hardcore of an overclocker are you? If you care about the difference between 4.5GHz, and 4.7GHz, then you'll want a board as good as Gigabyte's $150 boards. If you care about the difference between 4.7GHz and 4.9GHz, then spend $200. The ASRock Extreme4 is very good. I'd just buy one of Gigabytes boards though, largely because I like the black color scheme.
m
l
a c 87 V Motherboard
April 3, 2012 2:59:25 AM

dalauder said:
Have you already purchased on the parts? If so, we'll just help with the motherboard. If you haven't purchased anything yet, then you should start a New Build thread a fill this out: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261222-31-build-advic...

Motherboard:
Asus, Gigabyte, or ASRock. MSI, EVGA and maybe some other ones are fine too, but I'd stick with the first three. Z68 is a must.

How hardcore of an overclocker are you? If you care about the difference between 4.5GHz, and 4.7GHz, then you'll want a board as good as Gigabyte's $150 boards. If you care about the difference between 4.7GHz and 4.9GHz, then spend $200. The ASRock Extreme4 is very good. I'd just buy one of Gigabytes boards though, largely because I like the black color scheme.
Yes i have already purchased the parts a month ago i am a hardcore overclocker i am hooked on it i will even be upgrading my cooler to watercooling as air aint enough lol
m
l
Related resources
a c 87 V Motherboard
April 3, 2012 3:05:05 AM

I also plan on running this rig at 4.7ghz 24-7 and i like to be able to overclock higher but i am not stupid i know running it higher for 24-7 use will degrade life span so i will settle for 4.7ghz for 24-7 use when i upgrade to a rasa kit i will overclock to 5ghz if possible but only for short periods of time
m
l
a b V Motherboard
April 3, 2012 3:18:41 AM

Either of these will serve you well for OC'ing that 2500K....

Asus P8Z68-V/Gen3
ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3

Just so you know, the RAM specs for the 2500K are DDR3-1066/1333.
You purchased 1600 RAM and on the Asus website it says that due to CPU behavior RAM will run at lesser speed. You'd have been better off getting two of the 8GB DDR3 1333 dual channel Ripjaws kits.
m
l
a c 87 V Motherboard
April 3, 2012 3:25:44 AM

o.k. thanks and i didn't know that about the ram thanks for telling me i should have done my research better lol i currently own the z68 extreme 3 gen 3 i am looking for a better mobo it is a solid board but i want better lol
m
l
a b V Motherboard
April 3, 2012 3:34:29 AM

Before the new series of i3/i5/i7, Intel CPU's didn't have memory controllers so your only limitation was the motherboard's specs but these days every Intel CPU has its own RAM specs, something to watch for. Seems like only the top i7's support 1600.
m
l
a c 87 V Motherboard
April 3, 2012 3:35:36 AM

i currently own the z68 extreme 3 gen 3 i am looking for a better mobo it is a solid board but i want better lol
m
l
a b V Motherboard
April 3, 2012 3:50:03 AM

What does the Extreme3 Gen3 board lack that you want?
The Asus board I recommended is probably the closest thing to that, and the Pro version of it is exactly the same but has 2 more SATA 6Gb/s ports for another 30 bucks. If you want a more powerful Z68 board, you'll have to go past your $200 limit.

A serious board for overclocking is the ASRock Z68 PROFESSIONAL GEN3, or the ASUS P8Z68 DELUXE/GEN3, both in the 260 price range.
m
l
a c 87 V Motherboard
April 3, 2012 4:09:53 AM

newegg wont work because at 260 price range i sure as hell ain't paying tax know what i mean. :lol:  i have no issue with paying the 260 if i half to spend that to get a better overclocking mobo so be it :) 
m
l

Best solution

a b V Motherboard
April 3, 2012 4:10:03 AM
a c 87 V Motherboard
April 3, 2012 4:13:57 AM

that is to much money i rather go the 260 route lol but i should be able to come up with the 309 if i wait and save my next pay check thanks for your help i will go with the 249 board
m
l
a b V Motherboard
April 3, 2012 4:14:59 AM

No problem, happy hunting!
m
l
a c 87 V Motherboard
April 3, 2012 4:15:33 AM

Best answer selected by bigcyco1.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
April 3, 2012 4:16:49 AM

bigcyco1 said:
Best answer selected by bigcyco1.

n
n
nTHANKS!!
m
l
a b V Motherboard
April 3, 2012 4:23:47 AM

@sharkbyte--that stuff you said about the RAM wasn't useful/accurate.

You can run RAM at whatever speed the motherboard says. For example, the ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 can run RAM at up to 2133MHz.

You will probably get the most stable heavy overclock with boards better than the ASRock Gen3--look to spend $150+. Consider the ASRock Z68 PROFESSIONAL GEN3 for $210 Open box: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Or the ASRock Z68 Extreme7 Gen3 for $202: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

You can aim lower too. Like I said, I'd get this Gigabyte for $170: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

EDIT: OP, be careful taking advice from a "Youngster". He may know some stuff, but don't take it as gospel without some source to back it up or someone else to bounce the ideas off of.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
April 3, 2012 4:24:29 AM

Great choice, very popular for overclockers. Let me know how it works out!
m
l
a b V Motherboard
April 3, 2012 4:37:01 AM

@ dalauder
Your Newegg links are not useful because he said he's ordering from Tigerdirect.
Also, you are wrong, the Asus website says that certain RAM modules will be underclocked due to CPU behavior.

BigCyco1-
Here is some new information regarding usage of faster RAM with Sandy Bridge CPU's.....
http://www.intel.com/content/dam/doc/datasheet/core-i5-...

The board you picked is on the list of boards that have certified that you can run 1600 RAM at full speed with the i5-2500K.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
April 3, 2012 4:37:37 AM

Not the best choice, but it'll do. Z68 is better. If something is wrong with your graphics, the onboard is nice for diagnostics.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
April 3, 2012 4:46:18 AM

Since onboard video (still reliant on CPU) is the primary advantage Z68 has over P67, and the OP is mostly interested in overclocking, Z68 is unnecessary and will serve him no better.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
April 3, 2012 4:47:16 AM

sharkbyte5150 said:
@ dalauder
Your Newegg links are not useful because he said he's ordering from Tigerdirect.
Also, you are wrong, the Asus website says that certain RAM modules will be underclocked due to CPU behavior.

Okay, here's the Tiger Direct Link for the GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD4-B3 $189: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/ite...
And for the GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 $150: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/ite...

No, I'm not wrong about the memory. What the Asus website says is, "Due to CPU behavior, DDR3 2200/2000/1800 MHz memory module will run at DDR3 2133/1866/1600 MHz frequency as default."

Basically, it means that because RAM speed is a function of the front side bus (FSB) speed the CPU is running hat (hence "CPU behavior"), the memory has to run at some whole number ratio to that speed. In this case, that means the RAM will hit 2133/1866/1600 instead of 2200/2000/1800 because or the ratios the motherboard supports. It doesn't mean it can't run 2000MHz memory--just that the motherboard will run it at the closest lower speed because you'd need a chipset with an adjustable front side bus like Nehalem, K10, or Bulldozer to hit those clock speeds.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
April 3, 2012 4:49:30 AM

sharkbyte5150 said:
Onboard video is basically the only advantage of Z68 over P67 in terms of overclocking, which is all the OP is looking for, not onboard graphics.
Yes, in terms of overclocking. But what if the OP decides to go with SSD caching, a 3TB HDD, 3 displays (handy if your computer connects to your TV), or Quicksync at some point in the future? Then you've got him using an obsolete platform (P67) while not even saving money.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
April 3, 2012 5:03:23 AM

P8P67 Deluxe has more USB ports, more SATA ports and better LAN chipset than the Gigabyte UD3H board which is practically the same board but slightly inferior to the ASRock Extreme 3 Gen3 board (ASRock has PCI-3, Gig UD3 does not), and he said he wanted better than that, and the only thing the UD4 has over the UD3 is better SATA RAID.

Regarding the RAM info, fine, his 1600 RAM will run fine (was certified so on the P8P67 Deluxe).
m
l
a b V Motherboard
April 3, 2012 5:11:15 AM

My last contribution to this topic......being a "youngster" on one website is no solid indicator of overall experience and knowledge.

P67 may be obsolete, but not for what the OP is looking for and he gave no indication of the need for SSD caching or a drive that is 6x bigger than what's he's using now, nor 3 displays.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
April 3, 2012 6:29:54 AM

sharkbyte5150 said:
My last contribution to this topic......being a "youngster" on one website is no solid indicator of overall experience and knowledge.

P67 may be obsolete, but not for what the OP is looking for and he gave no indication of the need for SSD caching or a drive that is 6x bigger than what's he's using now, nor 3 displays.
You're absolutely right that "youngster" means nothing in terms of whether or not you have experience or knowledge. However, the fact that you've only bothered to contribute to a single thread necessitates you providing outside sources to validate the reliability of your statements. I usually do provide more links than I have here today.

There are a lot of "youngsters" that know MUCH less than you who say stuff like they know what they're talking about and give people atrocious advice. None of your advice is bad, I just don't agree with all of it, but it is overall helpful to the OP. I give people a lot more credit once they achieve the "Apprentice" status because it guarantees they've put in a week or two into giving advice in this forum.

That said, I still don't agree with suggesting a P67 at the same price. The fact is, P67 boards are not preferred by most people so they can actually be found at pretty large discounts periodically (as they are no longer in production, for the most part). I won't presume to know what HDD or SSD the OP may want to use in two years or whether or not he'll use a 3D display AND a TV--I do, but I unfortunately run a Nehalem i7 build at home so I have no onboard video.

I don't put much stock in PCI-e Gen 3 as I have yet to see a benchmark for a single card than can saturate Gen 2 8x bandwidth. But let's look at the one thing the OP cares about--overclocking. For that, the power phase design is probably going to make the biggest difference, so I'll rank the boards we're discussing on that:

ASUS P8P67 DELUXE "16+2 digital power phase"
GIGABYTE GA-Z68XP-UD4 "16+1+1 phase"
ASRock Z68 Extreme3 "V8 + 4 power phase"
GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 "7 phase"

Anyhow, it appears the top two are tied--which makes sense as both are reportedly able to easily take CPUs past 4.7GHz. Look at features and we get 4x SATA II and 4x SATA III on both. 8x USB 2.0 for the Asus and 7x USB 2.0 for the Gigabyte and both have 2x USB 3.0. The Gigabyte has two more internal (6 total) USB 2.0 connectors, which is irrelevant, and both have two internal USB 3.0 connectors. However the Asus does have Bluetooth and a second Intel 82579 LAN adapter--I did have my LAN adapter die on a work computer once, so this isn't 100% useless.

But at the end of the day, the two motherboards sound pretty similar. Only the Asus P67 costs $210 on Tigerdirect.com and the Gigabyte Z68 costs $170 on Newegg.com, which should cover the extra taxes. It's also on Superbiiz.com

I accidentally linked the $189 GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD4-B3 on Tigerdirect.com, which is a different board with 12 phase power regulation. I can't find much info on that.

Anyhow. I'm not recommending this Gigabyte board arbitrarily. I'm recommending it because every measure I can come up with indicates that it's a great choice for the OP.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
April 3, 2012 6:48:24 AM

dalauder said:
You're absolutely right that "youngster" means nothing in terms of whether or not you have experience or knowledge. However, the fact that you've only bothered to contribute to a single thread necessitates you providing outside sources to validate the reliability of your statements. I usually do provide more links than I have here today.

I don't see anything wrong with providing outside sources, and I think it shows that I'm willing to back up what I say or at least do the research to find the correct answer, even if it proves me wrong. Also, I don't know what made you say I've only contributed to a single thread, but it's dreadfully inaccurate.

Sounds to me like both of our suggestions are valid for his overclocking needs, and I agree that the P67 is not as future-proof as Z68 but for what the OP is looking for I'm sure either choice will do great.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
April 3, 2012 7:09:24 AM

sharkbyte5150 said:
I don't see anything wrong with providing outside sources, and I think it shows that I'm willing to back up what I say or at least do the research to find the correct answer, even if it proves me wrong. Also, I don't know what made you say I've only contributed to a single thread, but it's dreadfully inaccurate.

Sounds to me like both of our suggestions are valid for his overclocking needs, and I agree that the P67 is not as future-proof as Z68 but for what the OP is looking for I'm sure either choice will do great.
Oh no, that's not what I meant. I meant that outside sources are good. It's important to give people information that validates our statements so that they don't just have to take our word for it. I meant that you really need to support your statements until your rep stacks a bit higher, which you're doing. Either way, I TRY to provide links, not that I've done that much this thread.

For example, here's why I think 8x PCI-e Gen 2 is all you need: http://www.hardocp.com/article/2010/08/25/gtx_480_sli_p...
Because a GTX 480 barely scratches the limits of 4x.

"Single thread"--sorry, I confused you with a guy who was a "Newcomer" in another thread who was at 2 posts earlier today.

The reason I fought against the P67 was because it gets a "B+" on being ideal for the OP. I'd prefer to suggest something that's an "A" or better.
m
l
a c 87 V Motherboard
April 3, 2012 8:11:16 AM

dalauder said:
Oh no, that's not what I meant. I meant that outside sources are good. It's important to give people information that validates our statements so that they don't just have to take our word for it. I meant that you really need to support your statements until your rep stacks a bit higher, which you're doing. Either way, I TRY to provide links, not that I've done that much this thread.

For example, here's why I think 8x PCI-e Gen 2 is all you need: http://www.hardocp.com/article/2010/08/25/gtx_480_sli_p...
Because a GTX 480 barely scratches the limits of 4x.

"Single thread"--sorry, I confused you with a guy who was a "Newcomer" in another thread who was at 2 posts earlier today.

The reason I fought against the P67 was because it gets a "B+" on being ideal for the OP. I'd prefer to suggest something that's an "A" or better.

well thanks for your input to i didn't order any board yet because i was thinking it dumb for me to rush and i be better off saving and waiting in long run after all this is going to be my main rig so i was thinking of going with something like this http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_1155/Maxi... so i can upgrade in future as i plan on getting one more ssd drive and another hard drive and another gtx560 ti but i won't get all these upgrades for months to come the most important thing for me is it oc solid but that board seems like so much money i am not sure it is really worth it i really rather not pay 300 + usd on a mobo seems retarded to me to do that lol and i always have thought people who spend that on mobo are being taken for a ride really i don't think any mobo could prove to be worth 300 + usd that is just highway robbery ain't it or no
m
l
a c 87 V Motherboard
April 3, 2012 8:18:49 AM

dalauder said:
@sharkbyte--that stuff you said about the RAM wasn't useful/accurate.

You can run RAM at whatever speed the motherboard says. For example, the ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 can run RAM at up to 2133MHz.

You will probably get the most stable heavy overclock with boards better than the ASRock Gen3--look to spend $150+. Consider the ASRock Z68 PROFESSIONAL GEN3 for $210 Open box: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Or the ASRock Z68 Extreme7 Gen3 for $202: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

You can aim lower too. Like I said, I'd get this Gigabyte for $170: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

EDIT: OP, be careful taking advice from a "Youngster". He may know some stuff, but don't take it as gospel without some source to back it up or someone else to bounce the ideas off of.
noted lol thanks ;)  the issue i have with two of these three mobo none have been reviewed i like to see 5 eggs next to them it makes me feel more secure in the boards i buy lol plus i am not willing to pay tax on none of these mobo which i half to if i bought it from newegg as i live in l.a. california
m
l
a c 87 V Motherboard
April 3, 2012 8:29:07 AM

I have been told by many to get a msi board but they really don't provide any valid reason to me why so i don't know
m
l
a c 87 V Motherboard
April 3, 2012 10:06:44 AM

sharkbyte5150 said:
@ dalauder

BigCyco1-
Here is some new information regarding usage of faster RAM with Sandy Bridge CPU's.....
http://www.intel.com/content/dam/doc/datasheet/core-i5-...

The board you picked is on the list of boards that have certified that you can run 1600 RAM at full speed with the i5-2500K.

thanks i am reading up on it as we speak
m
l
a b V Motherboard
April 3, 2012 4:08:55 PM

bigcyco1 said:
well thanks for your input to i didn't order any board yet because i was thinking it dumb for me to rush and i be better off saving and waiting in long run after all this is going to be my main rig so i was thinking of going with something like this http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_1155/Maxi... so i can upgrade in future as i plan on getting one more ssd drive and another hard drive and another gtx560 ti but i won't get all these upgrades for months to come the most important thing for me is it oc solid but that board seems like so much money i am not sure it is really worth it i really rather not pay 300 + usd on a mobo seems retarded to me to do that lol and i always have thought people who spend that on mobo are being taken for a ride really i don't think any mobo could prove to be worth 300 + usd that is just highway robbery ain't it or no

So, to clear up the RAM question, I guess you don't technically have to get a board that is on that pdf list, but you do need to get 1.5V dual channel. The RAM you have should work ok, but according to both Intel sources and many users, using RAM beyond the CPU specs voids the warranty.

If you're going to wait, and knowing what your eventual plans are, definitely follow dalauder's advice and go with a Z68 board over P67. Here are 2 GREAT boards under $300

http://www.amazon.com/ASRock-FATAL1TY-Z68-PROFESSIONAL-... $254 *PureOverclock Editor’s Choice Award*

http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-LGA-1155-Motherboards-DELUXE... ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe $260

I don't believe you pay tax on Amazon orders.
I checked my last few and there was none.
m
l
a c 87 V Motherboard
April 4, 2012 12:06:21 AM

o.k. cool can you find me a link for the dual channel memory i prefer gskill it's the best imo i know allot will not agree but i am a gskill fanboy :lol: 
m
l
a b V Motherboard
April 4, 2012 12:07:04 AM

bigcyco1 said:
Note that that motherboard (Maximus ROG) is EATX. The Haf 912 only fits ATX/mATX. Also, I suggest you get a case that has front panel USB 3.0 or you'll always be fiddling around with plugging stuff into the back ports.

As I posted earlier, Newegg.com has that Open Box VERY HIGH END ASRock board. I'd actually get the $170 Gigabyte off of Newegg.com that I keep pushing.
sharkbyte5150 said:
So, to clear up the RAM question, I guess you don't technically have to get a board that is on that pdf list, but you do need to get 1.5V dual channel. The RAM you have should work ok, but according to both Intel sources and many users, using RAM beyond the CPU specs voids the warranty.

That's an IMPORTANT point. Sandy Bridge's memory controller is designed to operate memory within the 1.5V DDR3 spec. Intel 1st Gen Core i3/i5/i7, AMD K10 (Phenom II/Athlon II), Llano, and Bulldozer processors can handle 1.65V (at least I THINK Llano & Bulldozer can). But 2nd Gen Core i3/i5/i7 (aka Sandy Bridge) is designed for lower voltages and you REALLY should get 1.5V RAM for it. The 1.25V "low voltage" stuff works fine too, but isn't very useful except for potential overclocking headroom when you raise the voltage to 1.5V.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
April 4, 2012 12:23:46 AM

"5 egg" Newegg products: I tend to think "4 eggs" is good enough, but 5 eggs do tend to denote either 1) A limited number of reviews or 2) Truly exceptional consistency in quality. I'd be satisfied getting a 4 egg product. You also have to consider than MANY of the 4 egg products are the result of a few 1 eggs early on due to a problem getting, at least partially, fixed (in the case of OCZ's SATA III drives, this drops them quite a bit) or from people who really don't know how to use the hardware.
bigcyco1 said:
I have been told by many to get a msi board but they really don't provide any valid reason to me why so i don't know
MSI is a good brand. But they are generally below Asus, Gigabyte, and ASRock.
m
l
a c 87 V Motherboard
April 4, 2012 12:38:27 AM

dalauder said:
"5 egg" Newegg products: I tend to think "4 eggs" is good enough, but 5 eggs do tend to denote either 1) A limited number of reviews or 2) Truly exceptional consistency in quality. I'd be satisfied getting a 4 egg product. You also have to consider than MANY of the 4 egg products are the result of a few 1 eggs early on due to a problem getting, at least partially, fixed (in the case of OCZ's SATA III drives, this drops them quite a bit) or from people who really don't know how to use the hardware.
MSI is a good brand. But they are generally below Asus, Gigabyte, and ASRock.
4 eggs is good enough for me i think i will go will the mobo you keep insisting on you must be doing that for a reason you don't work for that company do you :lol: 
m
l
a c 87 V Motherboard
April 4, 2012 12:43:00 AM

dalauder said:
Note that that motherboard (Maximus ROG) is EATX. The Haf 912 only fits ATX/mATX. Also, I suggest you get a case that has front panel USB 3.0 or you'll always be fiddling around with plugging stuff into the back ports.

As I posted earlier, Newegg.com has that Open Box VERY HIGH END ASRock board. I'd actually get the $170 Gigabyte off of Newegg.com that I keep pushing.

That's an IMPORTANT point. Sandy Bridge's memory controller is designed to operate memory within the 1.5V DDR3 spec. Intel 1st Gen Core i3/i5/i7, AMD K10 (Phenom II/Athlon II), Llano, and Bulldozer processors can handle 1.65V (at least I THINK Llano & Bulldozer can). But 2nd Gen Core i3/i5/i7 (aka Sandy Bridge) is designed for lower voltages and you REALLY should get 1.5V RAM for it. The 1.25V "low voltage" stuff works fine too, but isn't very useful except for potential overclocking headroom when you raise the voltage to 1.5V.

I like my case so i will deal with that annoyance also thanks for all your help i am such a noob :lol:  i can't thank you guys enough i really appreciate it
m
l
a c 87 V Motherboard
April 4, 2012 12:48:29 AM

Also i don't like AMD i think it's junk just imo the bulldozer was a complete failure
m
l
a b V Motherboard
April 4, 2012 12:53:11 AM

bigcyco1 said:
4 eggs is good enough for me i think i will go will the mobo you keep insisting on you must be doing that for a reason you don't work for that company do you :lol: 
Nope, I work here: http://dcaguam.com
Btw, here's why I like this board: http://www.hardcoreware.net/gigabyte-z68xp-ud4-motherbo...

It looks like that Gigabyte board went up by $20. I knew $170 was too good of a price: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Sorry, already had a list of cases...
$70 Enermax Fulmo case: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
$80 Thermaltake V9 case: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

bigcyco1 said:
Also i don't like AMD i think it's junk just imo the bulldozer was a complete failure
Oh, I'm not suggesting you go AMD, but merely stating the memory voltages that various architectures can use DDR3 can take.
m
l
a c 87 V Motherboard
April 4, 2012 1:01:52 AM

oh o.k. glad you don't work there otherwise i know your suggesting that mobo for wrong reasons :lol:  as for the mobo if we can find a tigerdirect link for it i will get it i just won't buy from newegg anymore because of the getting charged tax thing :pfff:  as for the cases i will stick with mine ;)  and i re read what you wrote my bad i see you were not suggesting AMD :lol: 
m
l
a b V Motherboard
April 4, 2012 1:34:22 AM

Even after tax, it's cheaper than alternatives. How are Superbiiz.com fees? Tigerdirect.com doesn't stock that motherboard though, just a similar model with 12 power phase regulation instead of 16.

I like AMD, but it's not competitive on the high-end.
m
l
a c 87 V Motherboard
April 4, 2012 1:45:12 AM

dalauder said:
Even after tax, it's cheaper than alternatives. How are Superbiiz.com fees? Tigerdirect.com doesn't stock that motherboard though, just a similar model with 12 power phase regulation instead of 16.

I like AMD, but it's not competitive on the high-end.

i never heard of Superbiiz.com so i am hesitate to buy from them what about this mobo http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-LGA-1155-Motherboards-DELUXE... or this one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... do they have those at tigerdirect i like those mobo looks like a real beast lol
m
l
a b V Motherboard
April 4, 2012 2:32:21 AM

bigcyco1 said:
i never heard of Superbiiz.com so i am hesitate to buy from them what about this mobo http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-LGA-1155-Motherboards-DELUXE... or this one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... do they have those at tigerdirect i like those mobo looks like a real beast lol
I think Superbiiz is reliable. You could start a thread to ask for feedback on Superbiiz before making a purchase. I'm sure there are plenty of people here that can give you some feedback quickly, even though I can't. I kinda think of Superbiiz.com as being in the same category as Buy.com.

And I really like that second ASRock Professional board. I think I linked that earlier and it looks like it's dropped $20 in price. I'd buy it. But I like Open Box items more than most people. Tweaktown got the i7-2600K to 5.05GHz on that board: http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/4275/asrock_fatal1ty_z...
m
l
a b V Motherboard
April 4, 2012 2:39:12 AM

Careful with the V6--it can conflict with some Northbridge heatsinks and RAM.
m
l
a c 87 V Motherboard
April 4, 2012 2:54:50 AM

dalauder said:
Careful with the V6--it can conflict with some Northbridge heatsinks and RAM.

yeah i wish i would have knew that before i bought it it's a great air cooler but it blocks two of my ram slots i was so pissed and installing it was a nightmare for me i had to have a friend help :lol:  i am thinking of buying this instead next month http://www.megabuy.com.au/intel-bxrts2011lc-liquid-cool... that V6 was a waste of money like i said great cooler air wise but installing it was a nightmare and the fact it blocks two my ram slots makes it a hunk of junk for me i will say it looks beast though and it kept my temps decent at 4.5ghz lmao i was going to get a rasa kit but i realized i half to modify my case so i am not willing to do all that so i rather go with this http://www.megabuy.com.au/intel-bxrts2011lc-liquid-cool...
m
l
!