Closed Solved

Freezing Problem

Hello, i have had a problem recently with freezing while starting up any game, yet my computer surfs the web and functions out of games fine. I have put my video card in other computers and it ran fine. I upgraded my ram and my PCU and i still have the same problem. I have a EVGA GTS 450, biostar 880G+, amd phenom 2 quadcore, corsair 500W PCU, and 8gs of Gskill Ripjawx. I have tried to diagnose most of my components but still no success. Now im starting to lean toward my mobo and cpu. Any help would be appreciated!
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about freezing problem
  1. Is it with all games, certain games?
    Have you tried to run any temperature tracking software that you can watch as you load a game to see how it affects system temp?
  2. its at the start of most games, and yea my cpu/ videocard temps stay at a good temp.
  3. Best answer
    I would arbitrarily ask to move the GTS450 to other PCI-e slot but your board is rather limited. Try the other DVI port? Since this only happens during gaming, I would guess that the graphics card is getting pushed too far or has an issue. Do you know someone who has a similar PCI-e 2.0x16 card you could install and try out?
  4. Best answer selected by Jadg5150.
  5. This topic has been closed by Nikorr
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards