Code 43

lee1970

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2011
Hello,
I have just purchased a Geforce GTX 460, when i install the drivers screen crashes, sometimes it tells me there is no driver installed or graphic card has stopped responding but has recoverd, the report says code 43, files that help discribe problem are c:/user/lee-pc/app data/local/temp/DM16B53.tmp.log.xml. and c:/windows/inf/ome22.inf. my main board is an abit ix38 Quad GT.using windows vista ultimate. Would be greatful of any help im no computer wiz so keeping it simple would be great.

Thanks Lee

adampcman

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2011
Error Code 43 means that Windows has stopped your GTX 460 because it has reported problems (device driver notified the operating system that the device failed)

It could be just the drivers issue or it could be more serious hardware issue.

If drivers are problem, just delete the old ones properly and install new ones. Search online for best stable and proven driver for your card and operating system (Windows) Btw i strongly suggest that you change your Windows Vista to Windows 7 (Seven). Windows 7 is much better and it's more less chance that it will contribute to Code 43 error...

If you don't fix the problem by changing drivers and/or Windows, then the problem is probably more serious. Maybe there is compatibility (hardware) issue between your power supply unit and your new card... Be sure to double check if your psu can power (handle) your new GTX 460 card...

I hope this helps. Cheers.

lee1970

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2011
Ive checked my psu its 650w so should be fine also tried updating the latest drivers. didnt work. could it be a problem with the main board, i did have an nvida 8800GTX that failed would not except the drivers at all, is there a way to check the mother board, i dont really want to keep throwing money at it

thanks

adampcman

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2011
650 Watt doesn't mean nothing if your psu have little Amps on +12V rail. Amps are important too.

GTX 460 requires minimum 24A on +12V rails (for a hole system) and 8800 GTX requires minimum 28A on +12V rails (for a hole system)

Tell us your psu and mb brand/model... Full pc specification would be nice.

COD Beast

Honorable
Jun 2, 2013

i have had sorta the same problem i have a nvidia gtx 650m and it also get code 43 i have done the intalled newest version and still same thing i was wondering if the best plan of action might be contacting the company and getting it fixed trough warranty

adampcman

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2011

I agree with you. Try trough warranty and let us know how did it go for you. Cheers.

vikilaba

Honorable
Nov 2, 2013

Warranty for 2-3 years old card!? Maybe Nvidia some messed with new drivers...

vikilaba

Honorable
Nov 2, 2013
Finally, I checked in with an old driver version 258.96 (with old installation wizard) and does not display CODE 43 in Device Manager with low-res desktop. But now its does artifacting on desktop! I try with the thermal compound (the recommendation to take the heatsink of the card, remove any remains of old thermal paste and clean the GPU and heatsink contacts properly and apply a fresh layer of thermal paste). I conclude from this that the new versions of drivers are with the built-in diagnostics for health of card and any type of error happens it reports CODE 43 to stop the operation of the device. I think this is generally in response to all of the same problem-HARDWARE MALFUNCTION:sarcastic:

sylviejames

Honorable
Feb 10, 2014
When the System unable to communicate with the driver and sends error 43 message to the user.
To fix this error you have to download registry cleaner Tool and install antivirus software.
http://fixwindowserror.com/4-steps-fix-windows-stopped-device-reported-problems-code-43/

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts