Sign in with
Your question

Will Thermalright Silver Arrow conflict with Corsair Vengeance?

Last response: in Systems
April 23, 2011 2:11:45 AM

I am planning to build a rig using the Asus P8P67 Deluxe mobo. I am just in the parts selection process. I want the Thermalright Silver Arrow as my CPU Cooler, but I am concerned about the enormouse size of it.

Has anyone had installation problems with Thermalright Silver Arrow and Corsair Vengeance on an Asus P8P67 Deluxe?

I am planning on getting those parts. Do you think I will have problems installing those parts?

Any help would be greatly appreciate it!

April 23, 2011 7:36:51 AM

vitalmiranda said:
I am planning to build a rig using the Asus P8P67 Deluxe mobo. I am just in the parts selection process. I want the Thermalright Silver Arrow as my CPU Cooler, but I am concerned about the enormouse size of it.

Has anyone had installation problems with Thermalright Silver Arrow and Corsair Vengeance on an Asus P8P67 Deluxe?

I am planning on getting those parts. Do you think I will have problems installing those parts?

Any help would be greatly appreciate it!

Why would you get Corsair Vengeance ? Other than combing your hair, those heat sinks are worthless. Look at the G.Skill with low profile heat sinks.
m
l
April 26, 2011 2:15:26 AM

Something against Corsair or that type of memory in specific?
m
l
Related resources
April 26, 2011 2:18:24 AM

vitalmiranda said:
Something against Corsair or that type of memory in specific?

Do you like RAM that has giant worthless cake cutter heat sinks that screw you on using a decent cpu heat sink. ? I know I don't.
m
l
April 26, 2011 2:39:47 AM

Yeah it's a huge CPU heatsink. With the thermalright arrow you are losing the first RAM slot for sure and you won't have the clearance to use tall heat spreader RAM on the second slot so you basically only have 2 slots for RAM left. It's not that big a deal as you can buy 2x 4GB modules and 8GB will be good for a long time.

I do agree that heat spreaders are worthless and expensive RAM is way overpriced for no noticeable performance gain. Corsair as a company is good and is a top pick for RAM, just avoid the overpriced huge stuff.
m
l
!