Jul 22, 2011
please help..

emachines d725 noteook
pentium(r) t4300 2.10 Ghz
4GB DDR2 ram
64bit windows 7 ultimate
phoenix HM40 mobo
currently with 320GB HDD
im planning to upgrade my hard disk drive..
what will my mobo/cpu HDD capacity limit to prevent bottleneck? thanks in advance guys..

Solution
It really all depends on how many files you have now... and what kind of things you do with your computer.

If you do a lot of HD recording and rendering and download a lot of movies/games/etc... you would need a bigger HD.

But just for general use, 500GB or 1TB is more or less the standard now.

As a note, your HD won't bottleneck your computer... unless your available space is become very low. Then you will find the computer is running very sluggish. But having a 320GB or a 1TB hd, won't exactly bottleneck your computer.

Also if you are upgrading your HDD and it is your only drive, make sure to get a 7200RPM one. Either a WD Black, Seagate Barracude 7200.12, Samsung Spinpoint.. etc.

JordoR

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
It really all depends on how many files you have now... and what kind of things you do with your computer.

If you do a lot of HD recording and rendering and download a lot of movies/games/etc... you would need a bigger HD.

But just for general use, 500GB or 1TB is more or less the standard now.

As a note, your HD won't bottleneck your computer... unless your available space is become very low. Then you will find the computer is running very sluggish. But having a 320GB or a 1TB hd, won't exactly bottleneck your computer.

Also if you are upgrading your HDD and it is your only drive, make sure to get a 7200RPM one. Either a WD Black, Seagate Barracude 7200.12, Samsung Spinpoint.. etc.

Solution

gelmvy

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2011
ah..ok sir..thanks for the replies..i really appreciate your answers..so having a very high capacity HDD like 1Tb would be fine on my specs above?...i have this in mind that HDD capacity would vary in mobo/cpu..so 1Tb would be 100% compatible with my specs..thanks a lot.. :bounce:

Status
Not open for further replies.