Sign in with
Your question

Which card is best for my crappy dell dimension e520

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 16, 2011 10:11:24 PM

HI i was wondering what would be the best graphics card i can get for my computer i wanna play games from steam or other like mass effect 2 or maybe 3 one day
i need to know which one is for me
its a
dell dimension e520
its the pentium D 2.66 ghz
(sucks I know)
everything is stock
exept the ram its 2 gb
and my power supplies is 305
memory interface is PCI-express

I am running a DDR2 Nvidia Geforce 7300LE 128mb please can anyone help!!

February 24, 2011 3:45:54 AM

Quote:
two options bro....
nVidia GT240 DDR5 version preferably 1GB but 512MB is a smooth runner.
ATi HD5670 is a little better than the nVidia option but some people do not want to cross the chipset with a competitor card, it doesn't matter tho, it's a choice.
do not worry about the power requirements.
the GT240 calls for a 300-watt system and the HD5670 calls for a 400-watt system but; the GT240 uses more power than the HD5670..!
figure that one out... LOL
but those are your two best options.
i guarantee they will run in your system with that Dell 305-watt psu, it's a better psu than you might think.
pick one and have fun.

so the ddr doesn't matter then
m
l
June 12, 2012 5:07:47 PM

I know this is an old post... but having tried many options to upgrade my own e520 I feel that this info might help some people out who are scouring google for info.

The e520 is BTX style. This means that the case opens from the right side and the motherboard is mounted on the left side. The motherboard is essentially flipped upside down. If you are trying to upgrade the video card it MUST BE A SINGLE SLOT CARD. Any card that takes up two of the panels on the back will not fit because the video card has to be flipped upside down (fan facing up) as well in order to fit the PCI slot. So check the image of the card before you buy. You don't want to wait 2 weeks a card then realize it won't even fit...
m
l
!