wildgene789

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2008
Ok guys im thinking about buying new computer and heres what i got so far. My main use is to browse internet watch movies and play counter strike source and GTA4.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Approximate Purchase Date: As Soon as i sell my Macbook Pro

Budget Range: (e.g.: 600-800) Before / After Rebates

System Usage from Most to Least Important:Movies, Internet, and games(Counter Strike Source and GTA4)

Parts Not Required:Mouse Speakers OS

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: (e.g.: Newegg.com

Country of Origin:America!

Parts Preferences: I prefer Mobo to be by Asus

Overclocking: Yes Mostlikly

SLI or Crossfire: Yes down the ride

Monitor Resolution:1920x1200

Additional Comments: This is prob the final build just getting more input

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok so ive been trying to minimize this cost of computer while keeping it still up there and heres what im down too on paper.

Case-Coolermaster 932 Full Tower -154.82 shipped

Mobo-Asus P8P67 -144.99 Shipped

Video Card-Sapphire Radeon HD 5850-139.99 Shipped

Ram-GSkill RipJaws X Series 4GB -49.99 shipped

PSU-Xfx P1-650x-CAH9 650W-88.99 Shipped

Cpu-Core I5 2500k -224.99 Shipped

Harddrive- Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB-54.99 Shipped

Dvd Burner-Lite On IHAS224-06- 25.98 shipped

Total:884.74

Please let me know what the thoughts are i took everyones recommendations and hopefully put it to use in this. Let me know if anything conflicts and if you need the links just ask and ill post just takes forever lol.

Only thing im scared about is 1 the PSU i heard people in reviews said it was loud(fan), it would make a clicking noise. 2 The video Card a reviewer said it was only 128 bit which scared me but hes probably wrong.

Whats a good budget gaming keyboard because im not looking to spend too much on keyboard but i need one for it.

Thanks guys

You stated you wanted to sli/cf yet the mobo you have cannot. And I dont think it will fit your budget, unless you can get i5+asus pro from microcenter. The haf 912 or 922 will last you just as long for future builds. If you only got the 932 for usb 3, you can just get a usb 3 header for much cheaper and some mobos come with them. I'd really not advise to spend more on a case than a gpu.

Even a smaller antec 300 can fit an 11" 6950.

2011-sbm-high-q1_inside.jpg

wildgene789

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2008
but thats 276! lol thats very expensive did i mention the only games i have is CODMW2 GTA4 CSS TF2 Rainbow 6 vegas 2. All those games are old lol and dont require much i think. I dont know you tell me do you think thats over kill for me?

wildgene789

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2008
damn your doing mad work i appreciate this that looks like a good computer only thing throwing me off is the mobo and power supply but i wont need to SLI this video as its a BEAST so i guess Mobo is MSI a good company?

dokod

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2011
I am planing a computer just like this. It has a MSI mobo but it it is a good one for what you want. It has two slots for gpu's and I will get another gpu down the road for crossfireX. See "Good Gaming tower" thread for details on my build. What kind of gpu will you use in yours, I will use ATI MSI 6850.

dokod

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2011

Well, what motherboard has two GPU slots and costs less than $150? What are sata slots for anyway?

MXGame

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2011
Where did you find the dimension size of the Sapphire graphic card at? I can't find the dimension size for Sapphire graphic cards. I don't see the size listed on NewEgg and its also not listed on Sapphire's site.

Sata cables are also for Optical (CD/DVD) drives right? SATA 2 are the cables for Optical Drives and HDDs that aren't SSD right?

Sata are for cd/dvd drives and ssd too, guess I should've mentioned that. I found the dimensions in the comments off tigerdirect from googling.

Sorry wildgene, can't suggest keyboards or mice, I always "test" them out in stores and buy them online for cheap but I don't pay attention to them.