First Build in 13 years.

Prowess

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2011
_______It's been 13 years since my last build. Yes that is a 1 and a 3. I was denying my inner geek for a very long time. If I remember correctly the build was a Pentium 2 with a huge 266 mhz clock speed. I know, it was pimp. Anyways, I began to create and become more artistic as I have gravitized<new word) the sands of time. Although I have been performing music(band geek) and creating it since junior high. At the age of 17 I decided that I wanted to create hip-hop and rock the easiest way known, from a PC. I began learning Adobe products along with a few Autodesk products just because it was interesting. And who want's to pay someone to do your album cover or website artwork when you can learn to do it yourself. Like many things in life I am hands on. I have been repairing cars, and pulling things apart to barely put them back together correctly since I was very young. :sol:
________Well I have reached the point of no return. I have been holding out for a great deal on some great technology. So from a 2.2 ghz Pentium 4 with 1.5 gb of ram, I have made the huge K2 leap to the new Sandy Bridge Processor. I love and will keep my Pentium 4 for a while. It will make a nice DVR. Very strong and smooth computer that served me well.
_______i3 2100 Sandy Bridge is what I chose. I know it's the cheapest processor but it comes close to outperforming the last gen i5's. MSI H67MA-E35 B3 is the motherboards that fits my needs. Yeah it's not a $300 motherboard, but it does have plenty of bells and whistles. 8 GB of Patriot G2 memory at 1333 of course. For a hard drive I went with the SeaGate Cuda 7200 6 GBps. Power supply is a Thermaltake TRX-750M TR2. The case is a CoolerMaster GP Elite 310. That's a $515 build. Tell me I didn't spend my money well. Since I will use it for gaming and creation the only thing missing here is a Radeon HD 6850. It's gonna fit in just perfectly. Thanks for taking a minute out to read this.

Prowess

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2011
Thanks bro. I don't have a million to spend so it probably isn't the most impressive build anyone is doing. But for me this is going to be great. I have certainly considered a solid state. I have been reading that they will be coming down in price quite a bit soon. I will be pick one up as soon as they make the drop.