joshua07

Distinguished
May 25, 2008
Looking into getting a GTX 560 Ti. Here's the two I'm liking:

MSI's Twin Frozr II/OC (Newegg)
EVGA GTX 560 Ti FPB (Newegg)

Both are same price.

The MSI looks like a very good card with great reviews. Has higher clock speeds but I have never owned a MSI product before and I'm not sure of their warranty. Newegg says 2-3 years, but MSI's site says 1 year. Afterburner overclocking program is a plus.

The EVGA card has lower clock speeds but has lifetime warranty and great reviews as well. I have a EVGA motherboard at the moment and I am happy with it.

Which do you think would be the better buy here? Thanks in advance...

P.s. This buy is after a failed attempt at my first SLI. You can read more about that here if you want.

Solution
The MSI card is looking like there is more to it than just a nice custom cooler. Other components are also improved over the reference:
http://www.guru3d.com/article/msi-n560gtx-ti-twin-frozer-ii-review/

zodiac321

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2010
MSI, as it has a better cooling solution and is clocked higher.

the 560 TI will not last you a long time depending on your resolution, nonetheless, you will most likely want to upgrade after two to three years, and possibly one year.

Afturburner works with all graphics cards, whether ATi/AMD or NVidia, regardless of manufacturer.

In general, the card should not need to be replaced until after two years, even if you overclock. After two years, you will want a new card, and i doubt that the 560s will die within three years.

joshua07

Distinguished
May 25, 2008
Looks like I'll be going with the MSI TwinFrozr II.

Found it on Amazon for same price with free shipping. But it will take 1-3 weeks to ship out. Dont know if i can wait that long once ordered. Newegg should deliver faster so the extra $8 will probably be worth it.