Corsair Hydro question

Status
Not open for further replies.

cptpoppinfresh

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2011
Hello everyone! I've been building for sometime now but I've run into something that left me very confused with the hyro series from corsair. I'm currently building an AMD based system in a HAF X case and decided to try out these pre-packaged water coolers.

Upon reading the instructions for the H80 was surprised to find it was telling me to INTAKE air in push pull on the back panel rather then pushing all my hot CPU air out of the case.

I've never used water cooling but it seems odd to have all that hot air getting pulled into my case. Though on the other hand it makes sense to use fresh air to cool the cpu.

Does anyone know if corsair got it wrong? Is there something I'm missing? Or corsair knows something I dont?

Solution
Wow that's goofy as hell,lol. Obviously they care about their temperature and not the rest of the computer. With good airflow (even not so great airflow) doing what I said is the best way. What's the point of a nice cool cpu if everything else fries? I'm surprised they want to configure it that way, never heard of that.

I think in the "normal" push pull config you'll get good results. Hell my push pull 212+ does well that way, the H80 should cool more efficiently than the CM 212.

sportsfanboy

Distinguished
Wow that's goofy as hell,lol. Obviously they care about their temperature and not the rest of the computer. With good airflow (even not so great airflow) doing what I said is the best way. What's the point of a nice cool cpu if everything else fries? I'm surprised they want to configure it that way, never heard of that.

I think in the "normal" push pull config you'll get good results. Hell my push pull 212+ does well that way, the H80 should cool more efficiently than the CM 212.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS