Lite-On DVD Drive issue

Tags:
  • Liteon
  • DVD Drives
  • Components
Last response: in Components
July 22, 2011 5:26:12 PM

Hi guys,

My Lite-On iHAS324 dvd-rw drive has stopped recognizing DVD's (any type), blank or otherwise, though it will happily acknowledge when I put it in CD's (any type) blank or otherwise, any ideas guys and girls?

I've had the drive for less than six months, it's had some use but not been leathered, I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate x64.
The drive shows no problem in My Computer and Device Manager.
If it's fooked already I'm going to buy from a different manufacturer.

More about : lite dvd drive issue

July 23, 2011 12:16:20 AM

You can mess around trying to make it work, or you can simply replace it. DVD drives are so cheap today that you might as well get a new one.

Your time is worth more than a broken drive.
Related resources
August 13, 2011 10:18:49 AM

brenw said:
Hi guys,

My Lite-On iHAS324 dvd-rw drive has stopped recognizing DVD's (any type), blank or otherwise, though it will happily acknowledge when I put it in CD's (any type) blank or otherwise, any ideas guys and girls?

I've had the drive for less than six months, it's had some use but not been leathered, I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate x64.
The drive shows no problem in My Computer and Device Manager.
If it's fooked already I'm going to buy from a different manufacturer.

Thanks for the feedback guys, very much appreciated, apologies for delayed response had all sorts of real life drama's going on, all sorted now. Turns out I had a month left on my warranty and Aria were happy to replace the drive after a simple check to confirm it was indeed knackered, thanks again guys. Bren
August 13, 2011 4:39:44 PM

I am glad it worked out for you
DVD drives are troublesome
the two components in a computer likeliest to break
are the DVD and hard drive since
they are the only ones with moving parts

I burn alot of dvd and cds so I usually will double order one of the $20 specials
on Newegg and keep one as a backup

Good luck
and I hope for no more drama in your life :) 
!