Sign in with
Your question

Is 4GB 1333mhz is good enough for games?

Last response: in Memory
April 4, 2012 6:32:22 AM

Copy and paste this link into your address bar:
http://www.zones.co.za/

Look at the Intel I5 2500k computer!
Is it good enough for games ? I will add a graphics card!
What games could I play with Intel HD Graphics 3000?

Thanks

More about : 4gb 1333mhz good games

April 4, 2012 6:49:42 AM

It completely depends on the games. With the gaming technology of today... 4GB of DDR3 is fine with most games, but the majority of higher end PC gamers use about 8GB just to be safe, and because of its low cost and ease of installation. The i5 2500k is definitely one of the best processors on the market and should not give you any problems with any games and will not need overclocking. Intel HD Graphics is the model of the integrated video memory on the motherboard. It's good of course and will play alot of games, even some of the best games, but it is nothing compared to an average Video Card on the market. The average video cards have more dedicated video memory, and this memory is higher quality and runs at faster speeds. More importantly, Video Cards have their own processors, known as GPUs (graphical processing unit) that is strictly built for large amounts of video related data processing, which basically defines the reason for having a video card. Your processor is sweet but if you plan on doing much gaming (especially newer games), I recommend you get a decent video card and a few more gigs of ram.
April 4, 2012 7:24:52 AM

robertnewton said:
It completely depends on the games. With the gaming technology of today... 4GB of DDR3 is fine with most games, but the majority of higher end PC gamers use at about 8GB just to be safe, and because of its low cost and ease of installation. The i5 2500k is definitely one of the best processors on the market and should not give you any problems with any games and will not need overclocking. Intel HD Graphics is the model of the integrated video memory on the motherboard. It's good of course and will play alot of games, even some of the best games, but it is nothing compared to an average Video Card on the market. The average video cards have more dedicated video memory, and this memory is almost higher quality and runs at faster speeds. More importantly, Video Cards have their own processors, known as GPUs (graphical processing unit) that is strictly built for large amounts of video related data processing, which basically defines the reason for having a video card. Your processor is sweet but if you plan on doing much gaming (especially newer games), I recommend you get a decent video card and a few more gigs of ram.

Thanks a lot man!

I might add more RAM but I won't really multi-task or use demanding RAM-eating programs like Photoshop or Sony Vegas ;) 

And I will get a GPU like HD 6770!

The CPU has Intel HD 3000 Graphics and I have seen benchmarks which makes it even cooler!
Related resources
April 4, 2012 7:34:59 AM

No problem! Yes, so you should be fine... either way I recommend just trying it out first because upgrading RAM is simple. Just make sure your operating system is 64 bit, and I also forgot to mention that some higher end games actually require a certain amount of dedicated video memory which only video cards can supply.
April 4, 2012 8:00:10 AM

robertnewton said:
No problem! Yes, so you should be fine... either way I recommend just trying it out first because upgrading RAM is simple. Just make sure your operating system is 64 bit, and I also forgot to mention that some higher end games actually require a certain amount of dedicated video memory which only video cards can supply.

Yeah! BTW I really like the CPU because it is an all rounder!
!