Best Budget case?

gammerx

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2011
So I am really stuck on which case to buy. I want to spend around $50-70 to fit my $600 on this computer.
i5-2500k
GTX 460
4gb gskill
antec hcg 520watt PSU
MSI p67 g43 mobo

From what I have seen/read, while the antec 300 is a good budget case ,there is better. Models I am looking at:
haf 912
li lian k58
nzxt apollo
nxzt guardian 921

I would prefer a side window but it doesn't really matter to me. I just want there to be the best cooling possible. The nxzt doesn't have a top fan but does that really make a difference? I like the HAF 912 but I would need to buy a few more fans for it, making it seem like I should just get the 922 instead. Any suggestions?

this one is pushing the budget just a little bit but I think it has everything your looking for
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119240
after rebate it is $10 over budget
but in the long run I think you would be happier with it
it has the side window
and i think it looks cool without looking like a piece of miltiary equipment LOL
also supports big coolers and video cards
plus USB 3.0 ready in front

but like o1die said a case is something hard to pick for somebody else
I dont like spaceship looking cases but I do like a hi tech look
it is just personal preference
kind of like picking a mouse/keyboard or monitor

AdrianPerry

Distinguished

Exactly. Any mid-tower ATX or full-tower ATX will fit your needs. Performance between cases in terms of cooling is very minor. Just get something you really like the look of :)

MSI DONT BUY

there garbage

get an asus or gigabyte

as for the antec 300 - good dual fan front with dust filters, side pannel - no dust filter (WTF?) - i got one for a server - packed 16tb worth of hdd's into in and works like a charm, will be a tight fit for high end video cards etc tho...

gammerx

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2011
I've only heard good things about their p67 boards o_O I kinda switched my build around alot though, now I kinda have to rethink everything. The am3+ asrock board is $105 and supports xfire x8/x8 and if I buy like a $90 AMD processor, I can later upgrade to BD. Bumped my card up to a 6870. What I was thinking of doing was bumping the PSU to 750W so I can drop a card in anytime I wanted to later down the road. I think maybe I have to go back to the new builds thread >.>

stevex033

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2010
Antec 900 case is on sale right now til 7/25/20111 99.99 minus the 30 mir minus the 10 dollar promo code and then sign up for a new email address with newegg and use the NEWCUSTOMER10 code and if it wont work just order it without using the code and then call or chat with newegg and they will add it for you or tell them your going to cancell your order so its $50 bucks after all is said and done.

fr8mvr

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2011
HAF912
I fit a GTX460, 700 watt PSU an SSD drive, 2 HD and a Corsair H60 CPU cooler with no problems
With the right board I could put multiple GPUs with room to spare.

fr8mvr

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2011

Absolutely but since the OP inquired about the HAF 912 I verified that the parts he has will fit. Especially the video card having clearance.