Gigabyte X58A-UD9 BIOS

seanny

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2009
I have the BIOS from the day I bought the motherboard. It says F1.Should I update to the newest Bios version? And if yes,how do I update it?I can build them,but when it comes to technical stuff,I am in need of assistance. Is there anything complicated involved? This motherboard has had minor issues about 10 months into use.One of my USB 3.0 stopped working and I trouble shooted,it said that I need to install NEC Host controller..tried that and still not working.I wonder if a BIOS update would help fix the issue.Also,should I re-install Windows? I have never re-installed it,just have it the way it was when I built my rig in May of 2010.

G

You need to go to the Gigabyte website and download either the Bios file and follow the instructions, or use their @bios utility. I myself use their @bios utility as it is more simple, but should you choose, you can use the bios file and boot from usb to install it.

http://ca.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3434#dl

The most recent bios is version F6.

After installing the new bios, boot into the bios and set to default settings, then reboot again before you start overclocking or changing settings. Make sure to set up the SATA controllers correctly to what you had previously or you wont be able to boot into windows.

Im unsure if this will solve your problem but if youre willing to take the risk (there is always a small risk when flashing the bios) then there is a chance it will fix your problems. It should not be necessary to reinstall windows afterwards but if you have sensitive data you should back it up first in case you encounter problems.