Cooling motherboard

G

You should post your computer specs so people can give you more appropriate advice because currently Im unsure what components you have.

There is no motherboard overclocking option for starters. If you want to use 2133MHz ram on your motherboard, both the motherboard and the CPU need to be able to support that speed of ram. If youre attempting to overclock a current set of ram to 2133MHz then based on your knowledge of memory I would advise not attempting it until you do some more research on the subject.

As for cooling, the motherboard is more or less passively cooled unless you have side fans or a downwards blowing CPU cooler. The RAM will have attached heatsinks if required at stock speeds and voltages; some higher end kits come with a downwards blowing fan on the ram.

As a last note, no, you probably do not need to overclock your ram, and I advise not trying to overclock your motherboard either; that could turn out poorly.

irsninja

Honorable
Mar 23, 2012
I was planing on getting 8gb of 2133 MHz stock speed of rip jaws ram

This ASRock motherboard that supports it if the motherboard its self is overclocked
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157271

And was going to overclock the 3700k when it comes out.

So back to my question.... (yes I'm new) if I CAN overclock the motherboard

Do I need to install any additional cooling other then the hyper 212 for the CPU and the fan cases in the NZXT phantom 410