About a LIAN LI PC-Q07...

Johnny Barber

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2011
This is definitely the case I'd go for in constructing a new computer. Small physical footprint, and small volume.
My problem is fitting two storage drives in it. It says is has room for a 3.5 AND a 2.5. Looking at it, there seems to be no room to have both. I looked at many pictures of where the disc drive would go, and concluded that a storage drive won't fit there without an adapter...which I am trying to avoid. While looking up some information on adapters, I stumbled across the possibility that in this case the 2.5 drive would mount underneath the 3.5, thus providing both without need of a 5.25 bracket adapter.

Does anyone have input on this? Experience? That would greatly help. Thanks

Solution
Lian Li PC-Q07 Mini-ITX case. This case accommodates one 3.5" HDD and one 2.5" SSD. The 2.5" SSD would sit right underneath the 3.5" HDD. You attach the SSD to the floor of the case with screws (notice the holes). Next, you attach the grommets and thumb-screws to the HDD, then slide it onto the bracket and turn the 4 thumb-screws to secure the drive.

Quite simple.

Fatbit

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2011

Lian Li PC-Q11 Mini-ITX case. This case accommodates two 3.5" HDD and two 2.5" SSD/HDD. The tray at the bottom of the case may be easily removed by turning two thumb-screws and lifting it out. Now, the drives may be attached to the tray with screws -- up to two 3.5" drives above (side by side) and up to two 2.5" drives below (side by side). Lian Li even includes grommets and screws to mount the drives. Then, the loaded tray may be put back into the case.

I mounted one 64GB SSD below for OS/apps and one 2TB HDD right above it. I positioned both drives to be near the front fan in order to allow as much space as possible for the graphics board's heat sink and fan mechanism.

This is a great case for my build. Mini-ITX board. Core i3-2100 CPU. Radeon HD 6770 card. 2 x 4GB RAM sticks. 1 x SSD. 1 x HDD. 1 x ODD. ATX modular PSU. Fully functional, well ventilated, yet compact (and stylish).

Fatbit

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2011
Lian Li PC-Q07 Mini-ITX case. This case accommodates one 3.5" HDD and one 2.5" SSD. The 2.5" SSD would sit right underneath the 3.5" HDD. You attach the SSD to the floor of the case with screws (notice the holes). Next, you attach the grommets and thumb-screws to the HDD, then slide it onto the bracket and turn the 4 thumb-screws to secure the drive.

Quite simple.

Solution