nargleflex

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2011
Hey there everybody, I've lurked these forums for a while and I've finally come up with a problem that I can't find a solution to.

My system seems to randomly lock up completely, requiring a restart. It can happen while playing a system-intensive game, chatting in a skype call, or anything else really.
My computer has been slightly faulty since I put it together a few months ago, usually it would restart and give me a message about a Hypertransport Sync Flood Error.
However, in recent times this has been exchanged with full on lockups, with no error message upon the next boot.

Here are my components:
Motherboard - ASUS M4A79T Deluxe
CPU - AMD Phenom II X4 965
Ram - Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 4GB 1600
Video Card - XFX HD-577A-ZNFC Radeon HD 5770
Hard Drive - Western Digital Caviar Green WD10EADS 1TB
PSU - OCZ ModXStream Pro OCZ700MXSP 700W

I've read many threads, but I can't find an solution that has worked for me quite yet. Is there any way short of buying a new processor (I suspect that that's the problem) that I can fix this problem?

Thank you for your time!

Solution
Have you tried going into the bios and choosing the defaults something like "load optimized defaults"?

Other threads I've seen have pointed at the CPU not getting enough voltage when required - either by fault of the motherboard or the PSU?

Rusting In Peace

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2009
Have you tried going into the bios and choosing the defaults something like "load optimized defaults"?

Other threads I've seen have pointed at the CPU not getting enough voltage when required - either by fault of the motherboard or the PSU?

Solution

nargleflex

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2011
The defaults were still causing me errors,
I just manually keyed in a value for the CPU and RAM voltage that people reported to be stable, so far there seems to be no problems other than it's running a bit hotter. The only way I'll be able to tell is with some more time.

Thanks for your reply, by the way!

nargleflex

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2011
I had the Voltage at 1.3 for a while, but it just locked up again while having Skype and Paint Tool SAI open. I've increased the voltage to 1.4, but I don't think voltage is the issue anymore. Does anyone have an idea of what's causing these lockups?