MEGA carts...

Last response: in Video Games
April 9, 2004 12:43:27 PM

I've seen the occasional item on ebay or on a website featuring
a cartridge chuck full of a ton of games... some are current GBA
games, many are older NES or GB games, but we're talking like
50 games or more on one Cartridge.

I'm interested in these things, but a little skeptical. I can't believe
that these have gotten legal agreements to offer all of these games.
It also seems to fall in that "too good to be true" catagory.

Does anyone have experience with these carts? Are they all they
are cracked up to be? Are they legal?

Chris

More about : mega carts

Anonymous
April 9, 2004 8:34:18 PM

All the News wrote:
> I've seen the occasional item on ebay or on a website featuring
> a cartridge chuck full of a ton of games... some are current GBA
> games, many are older NES or GB games, but we're talking like
> 50 games or more on one Cartridge.
>
> I'm interested in these things, but a little skeptical. I can't
> believe that these have gotten legal agreements to offer all of these
> games.
> It also seems to fall in that "too good to be true" catagory.
>
> Does anyone have experience with these carts? Are they all they
> are cracked up to be? Are they legal?
>
> Chris

They are 100% illegal and certain games that require a battery backup or an
EEPROM chip (to save games/highscores) will not work properly. These things are
done on the cheap, and those that do manage to contain a battery backup still
screw up somewhere.

The GBA ones apparently consist of one GBA game, and around ten or more GB/GBC
colour games. Cartridges claiming 50 or more games rarely contain more than 15.

Either way, I wouldn't touch them with a bargepole!

Paul.
!