Sounds only left speaker

Beast23

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2011
Hello,

I got this speaker problem. I got 5.1 speaker system, everything works perfect only when testing front right speaker, sounds left and when testing left speaker, also sounds left. Everything else works like it should. I got the same problem with 2.0 system and pritty much everything I plug into green jack. All speakers are tested on other systems and work perfectly.

Is it software or mobo green jack problem? :( i've tried to change soft settings, balancing left/right etc. I tihink its jack problem :(

I got gigabyte GA-MA74GMT-S2 mobo with realtek onboard audio. Please help!

Thank you!

Solution
Two things I would suggest is: 1) try to see if there is a more updated driver for that realtek and 2) is there another audio jack, such as on your case, that you can plug into?

Engima

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2011
Two things I would suggest is: 1) try to see if there is a more updated driver for that realtek and 2) is there another audio jack, such as on your case, that you can plug into?

Solution

Beast23

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2011

I already got the latest drivers, but no change. And I noticed a scraching sound from my front speakers which are plugged in green jack, but rear, center and sub is crystal clear.

I alredy tried to put them in front panel but it didnt recognize them. And my headphones is plugged in front panel.

Also when I put the green plug half-way in the green jack, sound right speaker and only right. So by doing some research i decided it is a jack problem, maybe there is something bended inside the jack or so.

Already ordered Creative SB X-Fi Titanium. Its time to advance from onboard audio to something better :)

But anyway, thanks! ;)

Beast23

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2011

Speakers work great, tested on other systems.

I know their bad drivers and stuff, but thats not a con for me. The most important is that it works and sounds good. I will use it only for gaming and movies or basic music listening, no recording or stuff like that.

Probably would go for ASUS card but where i live they are very hard to get and they ar not popular at all. So Creative will do. Have Creative headset and its great, now i use Philips wireless headphones.